Hip Dysfunction

I am about to undergo a surgery for my hip injury. Kindly view my MRI and advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I had an injury before three years on my hip and I am now about to undergo a surgery due to issues with my discs that started when I injured my hip flexor. I just had an MRI today and would like a radiologist to view my images and send me a report on the findings.  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI both hips show imaging following features, 1. Subchondral edema involving bilateral femoral heads extending up to bilateral femoral necks 2. No depression of head of femur or crescent sign seen in the present MRI 3. No displaced fracture is seen. 4. Visu...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for developmental dysplasia of hip.

Query: Hi doctor, My 5 months old baby girl has got developmental dysplasia of the hip. DDH was suspected at 3.5 months when there was slightly limited hip abduction and the ultrasound showed signs of physiologically immature hip, Graf type IIa on both sides. In right side, the alpha angle is 57 degrees a...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there is DDH - developmental dysplasia of hip but of a mild variety, as suggested by the ultrasound, which suggests an immature hip. X-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity) features show that the hip is not dislocated, but since it is an immature hip...  Read Full »

What could be the cause of hip pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from hip pain in the lower back region. It is behind the buttock bone on the left side. As I twist my upper body towards the right side or just bend down front and move little to the right side there is pain. I am suffering from it for almost five months and still, the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. In my opinion, your SI (sacroiliac joint) joint would have got into a bit of dysfunction as it normally happens from faulty posture. In addition to the ice packs, I want you to do cobra raise exercise with left leg bent at the knee and...  Read Full »