Hypnic Jerks

How to prevent jerks during sleep due to the intake of THC?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 61-year-old male. About 1.5 months ago, I took a THC/CBD 50/50 ratio tincture. I have done this many times before with no prior symptoms. However, this time I woke up in the middle of the night with what I felt like repeated brain zaps (every minute or so), causing my body to so...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some further details about your symptoms: Are you still taking THC/CBD these days? Or your last intake was one month before only? Since how long time you been consuming THC/CBD? Are you taking some other abusive substance too? If yes, please tel...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have too many tics developed in a short time as a teenager?

Query: Hi doctor, My 13-year-old daughter developed a tic for about a month. And it started with a shoulder shrug (one side, left shoulder) and has progressed to several upper body tics. About six tics (head jerking, shoulder shrug, arm jerk or extending, hand hitting thigh, hand hitting chest, and hand f...  Read Full »

Dr. Gursimran Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the situation, and I am sorry for her to face this situation. Yes, the prime age of a child developing tic disorder is 11 to 13 years. Usually, tic disorder has comorbid conditions like obsessive-compulsive disorder and ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity d...  Read Full »

Why do I get sudden jerks when I am about to sleep?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 31 years old, male. My problem is when I am about to go to sleep then there is a sudden jerk. I asked my wife. I do not jerk while sleeping or in middle of sleep. It happens just when I am about to fall asleep. Suddenly a quick jerk. It happens for a couple of times then finally I ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are suffering from hypnic jerks only. This is not a disease. It is a behavioral issue. I have successfully treated my patients with hypnic jerk by following measures. To reduce caffeine intake and particularly in evening. To stop alcohol and smoking completely,...  Read Full »