Hypopituitarism

Of late, I have a lot of health issues including weight gain, hair loss, and easy bruising. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43 year old female. My height is 5 feet 6 inches, and I weigh 185 lbs. I feel awful. Please tell me what you think may be wrong. Most of my adult life weight was 150 to 155 lbs. A sudden weight gain started five years ago. My weight is now always in the 175 to 185 range. I eat a...  Read Full »

Dr. Uphar Gupta

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history, and commend you for the detailed presentation. You appear to be suffering from Cushing's syndrome. You have probably consumed steroids as a supplement or for pain relief. You have achieved menopause at an early age, but still, we...  Read Full »

My 15 months old baby is only 5.5 kg. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to discuss regarding the medical issue of daughter with you. She is now 15 months old, but her weight is only 5.5 kg. According to doctors, all reports are clear except her growth hormone. She is not taking any medicine. I have attached her laboratory reports for your referen...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Rama Thute

Child Health Specialist, Lactation Counselor, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all the medical records of your baby (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She looks to be a case of short stature and the reports are suggestive of growth hormone deficiency. I would like to know whether there is any family history of sho...  Read Full »