Q. What ayurvedic supplements can I take for hypothyroid?

Dr. Swati Totla
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 09, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 38 year old female. Recently I was diagnosed with hypothyroid. I am on Levothyroxine and having lots of side effects with my current medication. So wondering any alternate Ayurveda supplement that I can take instead?

#

So, first of all, you do one blood test called anti-TPO so that we come to know that your problem is autoimmune or just only because of hormonal changes. By the time take following medicines.

1. Kanchanar Guggulu - 2 twice a day before food.
  2. Hansapadyadi kashayam (kottakkal pharmacy) - 10 ml twice a day after food with equal amounts of water.
  3. Tablet Arogyavardhini - 1 twice a day, with an empty stomach.
  4. Avoid broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and soya products.
  5. Do Bhramari Pranayam and brisk walking for 20 to 30 minutes daily.
  6. After one month, check your TSH level and anti-TPO level and I will suggest next course accordingly.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Since I do not get the Hamsa Patyadi Kashaya here, are there any alternative tablets for this?

#

You can take Varunadi kashayam - 200/450ml - same dose as Hanspadyadi.

For further queries consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|