Q. Can hypothyroidism cause intermittent palpitations?

Answered by Dr. Salam Salloum and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Palpitations or Hypothyroidism? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 28 years old. Experiencing intermittent palpitations from last three months. ECG, echo, TMT is normal. The lipid profile shows increased triglycerides in serum 189 mg/dl. Recently, I was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism for which I am taking Levothyroxine from last one month. I feel my heart is beating fast and loud intermittently.