Q. I feel so down and inferior to everyone. Why?

Answered by Dr. Parth Singh and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Inferiority Complex or Negative Thoughts? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I feel so down and inferior to everyone.  Why?

I feel so down and inferior to everyone. While growing up, I got everything I wanted. I had the best childhood. I was not the most pleasant kid though. I was mean and I wish now I could change it. I thought I was the cool kid. In middle school, I was bullied without actually letting it get to me. I feel like it mentally affected me even though I did not want it to. I was called short and ugly and make fun of. Regardless, somehow I let it go and now I feel inferior to everyone. Everything I do makes me feel like I do not belong. When I am on the train I feel like everyone is looking at me. When I am hanging out with my friends I feel like I have to be someone else. I want to be more outgoing. Please help.