Q. I feel so down and inferior to everyone. Why?

Dr. Parth Singh
Published on Nov 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I feel so down and inferior to everyone. While growing up, I got everything I wanted. I had the best childhood. I was not the most pleasant kid though. I was mean and I wish now I could change it. I thought I was the cool kid. In middle school, I was bullied without actually letting it get to me. I feel like it mentally affected me even though I did not want it to. I was called short and ugly and make fun of. Regardless, somehow I let it go and now I feel inferior to everyone. Everything I do makes me feel like I do not belong. When I am on the train I feel like everyone is looking at me. When I am hanging out with my friends I feel like I have to be someone else. I want to be more outgoing. Please help.

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

• It is said that a child is a father of man. Ever wondered what does that even mean? It means what we are as an adult is the end result of our childhood experiences.
  • Our desires, traumas, fears and impulses all are working with our unconscious mind. These are the basic driving forces.
  • Our personality is sketched by our childhood. So, today if you feel inferior and having low self-esteem, then it may be because of the unforgiving and unforgettable insults such as bullying that you faced during your childhood.
  • But, our personality is dynamic. It has great plasticity and we can mould it by our will and efforts.
  • You need to understand that you are not a person you want to be in other's eyes. You are the person who you are from within. You need not try hard to please others. You need not be a perfect person in the world. You need to be a man who is happy with himself.
  • Nobody is perfect, neither physically nor emotionally. You feel low when you tend to perceive the outer world to be better than you, which is not.
  • A person is a better person when he is spiritually and emotionally mature and resilient. It is a big virtue. So, try to be assertive because you need to convey what you want.
  • You need to love yourself because you are a good human being. You need to magnify your abilities and miniaturize your physical inadequacies because they do not matter when it comes to evolve and grow as a person.
  • The world is so much hungry for goodness and kindness. You become the medium to contribute some goodness to the world. You will be content.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

Is talking to yourself a symptom of schizophrenia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I am a healthy and happy person. I eat well and exercise well. I have a lot of friends, cool hobbies, etc. But, I have a weird habit. Whenever I am alone I talk to myself standing in front of the mirror. I imagine a lot. I think so many things like I am in an ...  Read Full »

Why am I getting negative thoughts repeatedly?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I am married. I am under stress and depression. I got married under a forceful pressure from my mother, despite me telling her to postpone it for few years. As I was very obedient to her, I succumbed to her demand for marriage. After six months of my marriage, my...  Read Full »

Why do I get automatic negative thoughts regularly?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting ANT (automatic negative thoughts) regularly. It is causing sleeplessness and stress. The problem started three months back. Everything looks negative, and everything I encounter seems wrong. Every time I do something, or I see something, negative images appear in my mind....  Read Full »