Q. Why do I get automatic negative thoughts regularly?

Dr. Settipalli Saravan Pramod
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 30, 2022

I am getting ANT (automatic negative thoughts) regularly. It is causing sleeplessness and stress. The problem started three months back. Everything looks negative, and everything I encounter seems wrong. Every time I do something, or I see something, negative images appear in my mind. Please help.

#

I have gone through all your explanations in detail. The closest cause of your problem is the effect of depression. It is not a major health disorder unless you take regular medication and follow-up. It is nothing to be stressed about. Regular medication, meditation, and physical exercise will likely improve your situation. You will also be benefitted with psychiatrist counseling. I suggest you get a hemogram and random blood sugar tested. I suggest you try taking tablet Ativan (Lorazepam) 1 mg at bedtime, after consulting your physician.

|