Q. My father is having negative thoughts and vivid dreams. Why?

My father is 56 years old. He is having negative thoughts and talks about deaths, has a vivid dream with severe sleepiness. He is not enjoying anything which he enjoyed before. He has short-term memory loss. He has fatigue with increased appetite. He has little issue in breathing during sleeping. He can identify people. But, he is unable to remember what happened before five minutes. He is completely confused by his dreams and reality.

These problems have started in my father after a traumatic event in which my father has lost his brother and two sons of his brother in an accident that happened before three months. He has a previous history of Bell's palsy, a little hearing loss, and was also diagnosed with a small lesion in the hypothalamus which is not cancerous. I want to know whether these traumatic events have played a part in these symptoms or its due to the lesion. The MRI of the brain shows the possibility of glioma. Please suggest.