Q. How to approach insomnia and anxiety through ayurveda?

Answered by Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Insomnia or Anxiety? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: How to approach insomnia and anxiety through ayurveda?

I have started on drugs to address insomnia and job related anxiety. When I experienced allergic reaction I was advised to discontinue Clonazepam a Benzodiazepine drug and I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms. They include sleeping problem and flu like symptoms. I am taking medication such as Doxazosin, Valsartan, Atenolol and Amlodipine for prostate and BP control. Could you advise a medicine that can help with the symptoms especially the sleep problem? Also my tolerance for anything resembling a Benzodiazepine is very low. So, I need to be careful not to take anything that might interact. Thank you.