Q. How does yoga help senior citizens?

Dr. Vinod Kumar Goyal

What are the health benefits and trends for yoga for senior citizens? Are there studios that have classes or professionals that cater to this demographic? Why choose yoga over other forms of fitness and stretching?

Dr. Vinod Kumar Goyal

Ayurveda Specialist Homeopathy Yoga
#

• Yoga is of two types. One for physical exercises called asanas and the second one is meditational yoga. Both have tremendous benefits for life and health.
  • Physical yoga regulates body glands, hormones and cures many diseases of the body. For different persons and conditions, there are separate yoga asanas or exercises. One can get calm, relax, fitness, body glow, depression, anxiety and blood pressure control through yoga.
  • Yoga can be done in almost all diseases. It should be done indoor, after a bath, in a room without strong winds and with minimum clothes on body. It should be done regularly for full benefits.
  • For senior citizens, it increases lifespan, activeness, sex life better and disease-free end life. For full benefits, one should be a complete vegetarian.
  • These days in busy cities and faulty lifestyle, people are suffering from many diseases and no respite with best of medicines. So, they are coming towards yoga for relief.
  • Yes, at some places there are classes and teachers to teach.
  • Other exercises cause tiredness to the body and do not affect glands much, but yoga affects glands and hormones.

For further information consult a yoga specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/yoga-specialist

| 
1 out of 1 likes