Q. How does yoga help senior citizens?

Dr. Vinod Kumar Goyal
Published on Jun 08, 2018

What are the health benefits and trends for yoga for senior citizens? Are there studios that have classes or professionals that cater to this demographic? Why choose yoga over other forms of fitness and stretching?

Dr. Vinod Kumar Goyal

Ayurveda Specialist Homeopathy Yoga
#

• Yoga is of two types. One for physical exercises called asanas and the second one is meditational yoga. Both have tremendous benefits for life and health.
  • Physical yoga regulates body glands, hormones and cures many diseases of the body. For different persons and conditions, there are separate yoga asanas or exercises. One can get calm, relax, fitness, body glow, depression, anxiety and blood pressure control through yoga.
  • Yoga can be done in almost all diseases. It should be done indoor, after a bath, in a room without strong winds and with minimum clothes on body. It should be done regularly for full benefits.
  • For senior citizens, it increases lifespan, activeness, sex life better and disease-free end life. For full benefits, one should be a complete vegetarian.
  • These days in busy cities and faulty lifestyle, people are suffering from many diseases and no respite with best of medicines. So, they are coming towards yoga for relief.
  • Yes, at some places there are classes and teachers to teach.
  • Other exercises cause tiredness to the body and do not affect glands much, but yoga affects glands and hormones.

For further information consult a yoga specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/yoga-specialist

Why do I get raised heartbeat and shortness of breath while having anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I have a problem that suddenly an anxiety is taking place and my heart beat increased, the heart is like a balloon, sometimes I think that my breath is going and I am going to die. What should I do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem you are experiencing is called a panic attack. In this problem, the person feels as if he is going to have a heart attack but this does not happen. This problem usually starts in young age. I would advise you to get your thyroid function test done and als...  Read Full

Meditation: Importance, Benefits and How to Begin

Article Overview: This article weighs the importance of meditation (Dhyan) in normal bodily function and reveals the positive impact it has on our day-to-day life. Read Article

What Is Meditation? Meditation is a state of the mind where you just have to learn to be relaxed and sit still. Often, people think meditation is about concentrating on a particular object or thought. But it is not so. Meditation is an activity where you try to slow down the frequency of thoughts a...  Read Article

Ask a Yoga Specialist Now