Q. Can I take Ashwagandha for perimenopause symptoms?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

I am thinking of using Ashwagandha supplements (400 mg) to help with my perimenopause symptoms. I would like to have an extensive list of side effects if there are any. I have no known illnesses and take no medications apart from Omega 3 twice a day.

#

Ashwagandha is a very potent ayurvedic medicine. It has very good effect in neurological issues. It helps to improve your immunity and metabolism. It is very helpful in perimenopause symptoms. You can take 3 gm Ashwagandha powder or 500 mg Ashwagandha tablet twice a day with warm milk after meals. It has no side effects if you take it as per direction.

|