Common "Interface Dermatitis" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Interface Dermatitis

Interface dermatitis is a skin condition where an itchy rash occurs on the skin with small water-filled blisters. It is managed by applying corticosteroid creams on the affected region and taking oral steroids intraorally.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have red, itchy rashes. Can a biopsy help diagnose?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 43-year-old female, and I have had itchy, red, and burning rashes. It all started as a few bumps on my right arm, above my eyebrow, right upper nose area, all over the jaw and chin area, right chest, and upper back reacting badly to the sun, and it is getting worse. I have had a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The rashes that you are describing along with the biopsy findings can go in favor of a connective tissue disease. Although I would like to see the reports in detail, as you mentioned interface dermatitis, goes more in favor of lupus over dermatomyositis. But, we ...  Read Full »

Do prurigo and psoriasis have the same symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, As seen in the attached picture, I have red spots on my skin for two months. It is neither itching nor dry, and now I have small bumps on my arms and the other places of my body. One year back, I had itching in my legs, which I thought to be due to my detergent. The itching stopped on it...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudhir Kumar. N

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read about your query and have seen the photographs (attachment removed to protect the person's identity). What is present is less likely to be psoriasis because psoriasis usually has scars and itching. It is a prurigo that generally presents with reddish spots o...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.