Intracranial Pathology

Are blurred vision and numbness of arm and face an emergency?

Query: Hello doctor, My 13 year old daughter complained late yesterday afternoon of a really bad headache and blurred vision with numbness in her arm. I gave her Ibuprofen, she then vomited not long after and said she felt better. This morning she woke saying that it was even worse. So, I took her to the l...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am afraid to say that the clinical history of your daughter appears to be more than just viral sinusitis. Viral sinusitis is probably an incidental finding. Abrupt onset of headache, blurring of vision, difficulty in speaking, and numbness in face and arm is very cha...  Read Full »

Why do I need MRI for depression, headache and double vision?

Query: Hi doctor, I have headaches and double vision. I am in depression, crying at any time and not concentrating on things. I visited a psychiatrist and she advised me to get an MRI of the brain. Is her advise right? Is it necessary to get an MRI?  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. MRI is not required for diagnosis of depression. But, the presence of headache and double vision point towards some intracranial pathology such as tumor, abscess, complex vertebral malformation among others and this cannot be detected without test. In my vie...  Read Full »