Isometric And Range Of Motion Exercises

Can you give me a second opinion regarding my DVT and knee injury?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I met with an accident and the doctor diagnosed my knee with complete ACL tear and partial MCL injury. So, I started using a knee brace. Two days later, I took a long duration flight without taking any medication of thrombosis. However, I started taking Ibuprofen tablets (twice ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and would like to give replies to your queries accordingly. The issue is that you have a concomitant knee ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) and MCL (medial collateral ligament) injury for which a surgical procedure will be required as you ...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for muscle pain over the chest.

Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago, I had pain in my left chest. I was referred to a cardiologist just in case it was the heart problem. All the tests, including CT, treadmill, echo, 24-hours Holter returned negative. I was informed that it was likely being sports injury, possibly tennis and nothing to wor...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history. It seems that the pain has currently settled down. It is good to hear that you have already ruled out the cardiac causes of left shoulder or arm pain and all the test results are good. There is no need for further investigation by a sp...  Read Full »

How to cure a thumb that is swollen after a fall?

Query: Hi doctor, Last week, I fell and jammed my thumb into the floor. It instantly hurt and I knew I had sprained or jammed something. The next day, my palm and the thumb muscle were swollen with a painful lump. I could not grab or hold anything, but I can move it around. So, I know it did not break. It ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you described that you can move it around, but is not bending properly that is there reduce range of movement at interphalangeal joint. Hopefully,  there is no major fracture. But, there could be some soft tissue injury or ligament injury or may be some small hair...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for muscle tightness?

Query: Hello doctor, The right part of my body feels tighter that the left. I feel pain in my right calf and thigh when I wear trousers and in my right underarm when I wear a shirt. What can I do to solve this?  Read Full »

Dr. Mahendra Thakre

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I need to know more about your symptoms. When and how does it start? Is it increasing day by day or it is the same? Is it associated with any pain or muscle ache? Is it aggravated by activity? Are there any diurnal variations? Is there any ba...  Read Full »

What causes a lump at the back of my neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sore shoulder and neck. In the back of my neck, I feel a lump. I can feel it when I bend my neck forward and on my left side. I also get some burning sensation in my neck. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair Mohammad

Physiotherapist, Chiropractor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you described as a lump is C7 vertebrae. It is normally more visible than other vertebrae. It is appearing for you as a lump either because you are overweight or you have forward head posture or both. For burning sensation, pain and sore shoulders apply ice pack till...  Read Full »

Are resistance band exercises good for neck pain?

Query: Hello doctor,Can I exercise with resistance bands if I have neck, shoulder and back pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should realize that there are two types of exercises. Range of motion. This is recommended when the patient has pain, active symptoms, muscle spasm, and instability. Strengthening: once the acute pain has settled and a full pain-free range of motion has been achie...  Read Full »

Can scoliosis be treated with exercise?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past four months, I am suffering from neck stiffness especially when turning to the left. Also, I am suffering from heaviness of head, trembling of the head in certain neck position and shortness of breath, especially on moving to the chest level. When I wake up in the morning af...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have very well explained your symptoms, I am so thankful to you. I would have appreciated if MRl image too available. Scoliosis can give rise to spasm of paraspinal muscles of the affected area, and in your case neck, this explains your neck stiffness. Does trem...  Read Full »

I have upper back pain when I sit which reduces when I stand. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I am having pain in the upper back. When I sit on the chair in office the pain starts and it reduces when I stand, stretch or walk. I work for nine hours, from morning 11 to evening 8. I do not have any previous injuries or accidents. Eight days ago, I felt pa...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have given an excellent description of a common problem in persons who have a desk-based job. The condition you are experiencing is due to poor posture. Stretching and looking away from your constant position is helpful as you have also figured out. Get up and move...  Read Full »

Please have a look at my MRI and explain the treatment for back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, Previously, I contacted you with the following issue. I got a back muscle spasm with lumbosacral spondylosis. Posterior central disc bulge at L4-L5 and L5-S1 causing thecal sac indentation. Also, bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. I am having groin, LBA and leg pain for the past two m...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sent me your MRI images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which show mild degeneration in a few of your discs. But, there is no great compression anywhere. So, I presume you would also be fine neurologically. Although, I would request you to ki...  Read Full »

Can my twisted knee cause any ligament or meniscus tear?

Query: Hello doctor, I was playing football yesterday, and as I stretched for the ball, my right leg which was in the air got caught at the end of my foot causing my foot to go outwards and my knee to twist. I continued to play, but my knee felt unstable, and I could sometimes feel a sharp pain on the in...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Sunil Shah

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know if there was a swelling around the knee joint and was there any click sound while twisting your knee? I would recommend you to give complete rest to your knee and do ice pack three to four times a day for 15 to 20 minutes each time and see if you f...  Read Full »