Common "Iv Immunoglobulin" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Iv Immunoglobulin

IV (intravenous) immunoglobulin is a treatment consisting of pooled antibodies (immunoglobulins) used to manage weakened immune systems due to various infectious, autoimmune diseases. It is administered directly into the veins.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

How to improve my daughter's low platelet count?

Query: Hi doctor,My 12-year-old daughter was fatigued and had blue blotches over her body. The doctor locally ordered blood tests, and the results showed a low platelet count of 50000. They administered Cortisone of 30 mg a day for two weeks, and the count went up to 100000. The doctor reduced Cortisone to...  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your child is having low platelet count and blue blotch over the body. The skin discoloration can be from low platelet as thrombocytopenia can lead mucosal bleeding. If it seems cyanotic patches on examination then cardiac, respiratory and vascular causes need to be ...  Read Full »

What could be the role of immunoglobulins in immune deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from immune deficiency. Can you please help me to understand the use of immunoglobulin in conditions such as immune deficiency, usually various doses of IVIG would be infused or even self-administered Sub-Q depending on the indication, but in what cases or conditio...  Read Full »

Dr. N. Ashok Viswanath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your query. We actually use immunoglobulins for two purposes. One purpose is when immunity is low, we use it to protect ourselves from infections. Another purpose is for autoimmune disorders, where we use immunoglobulins to decrease autoimmunity. There are...  Read Full »

Is kawasaki disease treated with Aspirin? Kindly suggest.

Query: Hello doctor, My child is 5 years old and has been diagnosed with Kawasaki disease. The whole family is in mental turmoil. Our pediatrician ordered a few tests and confirmed it but said my kid needs to take Aspirin and another injection shot to get cured. We fear Aspirin as we have heard of a syndro...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Yes, the child should take Aspirin and the Immunoglobulin intravenous injection to treat Kawasaki Disease. Without the above treatment, the outcome may be life-threatening.  Read Full »

Will IVIg injection help to overcome neurological problems due to radiation therapy?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is suffering from primary breast cancer, and she has brain metastasis. We are taking treatment for the last three years. She underwent so many chemotherapies, radiation, body and brain radiation, surgery, etc. Presently my mother is taking Herceptin and Halaven medicines. My m...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your mother's NCS report, which mentions symmetric sensorimotor radiculoneuropathy (attachment removed to protect patient identity). To be straight, if it is due to radiation and chemotherapy, then IVIg is unlikely to help that much. On the other ha...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.