Joint Disorder

How long will a joint swelling take to cause permanent joint damage in psoriatic polyarthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, Patient is 10 years old with psoriasis polyarthritis. Received Methotrexate, and Enbrel for three years. As in medical remission, it was decided ten months ago to stop Methotrexate and continue only with Enbrel. Three months later started having infections and paradoxical reaction to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history. Well, it seems like you developed a reaction to Enbrel which is quite common as it does flare psoriasis in some patients. Pertaining to your queries: Since you have mentioned only one ankle is swollen, it is not justified taking su...  Read Full »

Do I have osteoarthritis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. My BMI is normal. I am fairly active on my feet all day because of work and I used to walk instead of transport. I was a lot more active when I was younger. I used to dance for roughly 20 hours a week and swim five hours a week. Since I have got older and due to...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does seem like osteoarthritis, but I would suggest ruling out rheumatological diseases as well and check vitamin D and repeat it. For your shoulder I would like to know how much is your range of motion.   Read Full »

Few of my joints are popping. How to make it go away?

Query: Hello doctor, A few months ago, I was not thinking and I hit a door with my hand and it has been a few months since then. I got tests and an MRI done on it and came back fine, just a mild motion artifact they could find, and I do not know what that means. The elbow popping will not go away and my w...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. The issue what you are narrating could be due to poor movement control in the joint. Do not worry. I presume that you do not have much of pain and any other issue except popping. I would suggest: Do strengthening for your upper body and stab...  Read Full »

I jumped off a boat and my sternum popped. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 year old female. I jumped off a boat and my sternum popped. I have swelling and severe pain. I am taking Ibuprofen. It hurts to breathe and move my arms. I have a history of osteoporosis, degenerative disk disease, and scoliosis.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be a sterno-clavicular dislocation. If it is, then you need to lie down and push the shoulder behind. But, an orthopedic surgeon needs to reduce the dislocation. Till then wear an arm sling pouch. I suggest you continue taking Ibuprofen. And upload the X-rays a...  Read Full »

I have pain and clicking of joints Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a joint pain with lots of clicking. On a scale of 1 to 10, it is only 1 or 2. But, the clicking is to the point where it is annoying. Also, my ankle hurts a lot for no apparent reason. I do not know if this is relevant, but my foot used to turn in.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your worry is about the clicking of the joints, then that is fairly common, and not a cause for worry especially if you are in a growing phase or stopped growing recently. You however, have to do regular stretches and strengthening exercises to help with this. You ...  Read Full »

The backs of both my knees are swollen after a hike. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, The backs of both my knees are swollen after a hike. When I first noticed this, I thought I got bitten by a mosquito or a bug. So, I applied After Bite to the area a little bit. The redness was reduced the next day but, it is still swollen. I see a lump right behind the knees. I can co...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send me a picture of the attached area. Only then can I comment on the condition and the specialist you will have to visit. Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician...  Read Full »