Keratosis Pilaris

Will laser hair removal help with the appearance of keratosis pilaris on legs?

Query: Hello doctor, I was wondering if laser hair removal helps with the appearance of keratosis pilaris on legs.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Keratosis pilaris is a condition where there is abnormalities in the lining of the upper part of the hair follicle and the heir follicle get clogged with scales rather than it getting exfoliated. 2. This is a chronic condition, although Laser - assisted hair rem...  Read Full »

How to treat little red bumps on the thighs and butt?

Query: Over the last couple of years I have had little red bumps all over my thighs and butt. The ones on my thighs are mainly on the sides and the back under my butt. They are not painful or itchy at all. For a while I thought they were razor burn but I have tried different razors and creams/ gels but not...  Read Full »

Dr. John Bocachica

Answer: Hello. In all likelihood, you have keratosis Pilaris. These are tiny bumps that occur at sites of hair follicles or just next to hair follicles and are easily irritated by shaving. Medications containing lactic acid tend to work well at unplugging the pores and reducing the bumps and restoring...  Read Full »

What causes acne-like bumps on the upper arms?

Query: Hi doctor, I have acne-like bumps all over my upper arms. I have tried Retin-A, but it did not help. Please guide me.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is your acne like bumps only localized over arms? Or do you have these kind of eruptions over face, upper back and chest? If yes please review with picture. With your descriptions it seems you are having keratosis pilaris, which usually localized over upper arms. Kerato...  Read Full »

How can keratosis pilaris be cured?

Query: Hello doctor,I really have a big skin problem that has ruined my life. I have keratosis pilaris for years and as I have a tic that is to pop up the buttons of my keratosis pilaire, it relieves me when I do that but I am sick of seeing scars everywhere. I visited three dermatologists. The last one ga...  Read Full »

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The keratosis pilaris cannot be completely cured and it will have a recurrent pattern of coming. Keratosis pilaris is a common, harmless skin condition that causes dry, rough patches and tiny bumps, usually on the upper arms, thighs, cheeks or buttocks. The bumps gen...  Read Full »

I am having eruptions on my forearms since past two months. What can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having these eruptions on my forearms since past two months. They are not painful and cannot be popped. But they take a long time to disappear and look prominent. What are these and can they be stopped from re-occurring? I had them last year too during summers and they disapp...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kothiwala

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From these two photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is visible that lesions are little inflamed and red. It is indicating folliculitis. Non-bacterial folliculitis can be non painful. Specially pityrosporum folliculitis. Keratosis pilaris is a con...  Read Full »

I have tiny red raised spots on my inner arms. Should go in to see a doctor about it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some tiny red spots on my inner arms. I have had it for a few days. They are slightly raised, but not much at all, and they do not itch or hurt. I do have psoriasis on my ankle, which I have had for a few months now. I also had a UTI and took antibiotics to treat it a little more ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it one forearm or both? Is there any history of travel or stay in a new place like a hotel or camping? Is there any history of gardening, or playing outdoors? Considering the history and after seeing the clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identi...  Read Full »

How can keratosis pilaris be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from keratosis pilaris. My upper arms are full of bumps. Please help. It is like rashes in my upper arm and thighs.   Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The keratosis pilaris is diagnosed by physical examination only. So you should confirm your diagnosis by dermatological consultation. For that you can be prescribed topical exfoliant, topical retinoids like treatment to improve your symptoms. There is no definitive t...  Read Full »

How can I treat keratosis pilaris on the arms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old male. My skin complexion is fair. I have keratosis pilaris on both upper arms. I am using Clindac A (Clindamycin phosphate topical solution) once daily for last one month as per my local dermatologist's advice. However, there is no improvement. How can I treat kera...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Clindac A has not much role in keratosis pilaris according to my opinion. If you have acne, it will help in alleviating it. I suggest you use topical Tretinoin 0.04% over the affected area at night and urea based moisturizer during the day. It will take few months to r...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for ingrown hair that came after waxing?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an uneven skin tone with dark forehead and dry skin. I want to brighten my complexion. Also, I have small bumps and ingrown hair after waxing. I have attached pictures of the same. Please suggest a treatment.   Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have developed ingrown hair or keratosis pilaris and also have dark circles. I suggest the following: Use Mometasone cream in the morning and evening daily over t...  Read Full »

What is the non-itchy, non-scaly goosebumps like rash in my neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having goosebumps like rash on my neck but less dense and a bit bigger than a goosebump for almost a year now. It is non-itchy, non-scaly with skin color and without associated symptoms. It is harmless except the look. I have tried antifungal, anti-allergic, and antibiotic...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like keratosis pilaris. In most cases, it is genetic in nature and there is no permanent cure. Urea-lactic acid based exfoliant (XERINA) can temporarily help. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-onl...  Read Full »