Knee Dysfunctions

Why is my wife not able to bend her knee after months of tibia fracture?

Query: My wife fell while going on bike she fell with her knees in front direction,she has got the injury on knees and elbow ,palm and now it has been almost 3 months and it's not completely healed. She has gone for x ray and x ray report revealed she has got fracture in her hairline tibia. She is taking ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hello, I have gone through your description and your photos.. It looks like a keloid information at your injured areas.. Keloids are larger than usually formed scars which occurs in certain people.. They usually remain as such.. If you want to reduce it for cosmetic reasons, you need to visit a Der...  Read Full »

There is pain in the knee after a fall. Is there any ayurvedic treatment?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a history of fall two months back. Now, there is a pain in the medial aspect of the right knee with swelling. The pain increases with exertions and flexions of the knee.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a pain in the medial aspect of the knee, but you are able to walk. It indicates that there is no chance of fracture. If there is a fracture, your movement will be restricted. So, it might be a sprain in tendons or in ligaments. The healing of sprain will take t...  Read Full »

I can only bend my knee 30 percent. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I dislocated my knee over three weeks. It was put back in place. At moment, I can only bend my knee 30 percent then its starts to really hurt if I try to bend more. What could be the cause and what sort of exercise should I do to get my knee working properly? Are any medicines availab...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, you should get investigations done for your dislocated knee to see the level of damage that happened and also to rule out any avulsion or fracture associated with it. Then coming to your range and movement, it is always possible to get movement comple...  Read Full »

My knee joints make noises but it is not painful. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 34 year old male. Three to four months ago my knee joints started to make noises. But it is not painful. And, when I drive for a long time and get out of the car, my left knee which is used to press the clutch has a sharp pain. But, it is only once when I first step outside the c...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your X-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to have medial compartment osteoarthritis with a possibility of spontaneous osteonecrosis of the left knee (SPONK). Check SPONK in left knee. You need to do an MRI scan and I would also sugg...  Read Full »

Is there any surgery to fix Osgood-Schlatter disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I have Osgood-Schlatter in both knees and have had it for three years now. Should it be healed by now? Is there anything you can do to fix it by surgery? My knee is not stable and giving way. I have been to more than 20 physio appointments for my knees to strengthen the muscles around, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Osgood-Schlatter is a problem of the apophysis of the tibia where the patellar tendon attaches. It is a painful condition and is treated with local therapy and activity reduction till the patient stops growing. Usually, the pain settles down at that stage, but the bump...  Read Full »

I am an 18 year old with severe knee issues. Do I need physiotherapy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. I have a knee issue. My knee dislocated once and there was a subluxation more than nine times. Now, my knee is very flexible. When my knee dislocated, the doctor plastered my knee for three weeks. He then asked me to exercise, but I did not. My doctor then asked me t...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. I would like to stress on proper training to regain your knee control and reduce the subluxation. I suggest you do these basic knee exercises that will strengthen your front thigh muscles and butt muscles. These ...  Read Full »