Kyphosis

There are white lines on C4 and T1 vertebra in MRI. What does it indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I have neck and shoulder pain after a car accident. I had an MRI scan done and would like to know what the white lines on the C4 and T1 of the vertebra are and if I have any damages in my neck?  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The scan seems to be normal to me except for mild kyphosis of the cervical spine. This could be due to ligament injury or due to muscular spasm. I suggest we do dynamic flexion and exten...  Read Full »

Is it possible to lead a normal life with scoliosis and neck stiffness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I am in a job for which I will be out of home for at least 11 hours. My problem is stiffness in the neck (in the left side alone) for the past four months. In certain positions of my neck, head trembles, heart beats fast, and shortness of breath is produced. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

What could be the cause of back pain and limited walking?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother who is 63 years old, suffering from back pain. She is not able to walk even 100 meters. After walking a short distance, she feels numb in her foot and needs to sit for some time to proceed further. While sleeping, she feels needle pricking like effect in either side of her back...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. Thank you for uploading the lab reports (attachment removed t...  Read Full »

Is there any remedy to correct the forward-bent spine?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 14 years old. She cannot ultimately stand straight. Her spine bends forward a little near the upper back and shoulders. Could you please suggest me a remedy?  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for using this platform. It sounds like your sister has a forward bend in her upper back when you look at her from her side. Is this correct? We give this forward bend a name called kyphosis. While kyphosis can have numerous causes, the most common in this age ...  Read Full »

Shall I continue my running with cervical kyphosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have recent x-rays that support my chiropractor's diagnosis of cervical kyphosis. I have been a runner for over 10 years. Is it safe for my condition to continue running? I do not want to give it up.  Read Full »

Dr. Thomas Jefferson

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may continue running, but before that strengthen your neck muscles for three weeks to optional strength so that your running does not damage your neck bones. It should be a focused strengthening of neck muscles. The drawback of your condition is that the shock absorpt...  Read Full »