Leg Brace

How long does it take to walk normally after ACL and meniscus surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I have done ACL and meniscus surgery on my right knee a month back. My doctor advised me to avoid removing my knee braces for two weeks. After two weeks, I removed my braces completely and started walking. Now I started doing few exercises on my own. Still, I am not having steady walking a...  Read Full »

Dr. Nischith

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have undergone ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) and meniscus repair a month back. You need to have graded exercise therapy before having a normal walk. Your ACL ligament reconstructed site should not be at abnormal stress for the initial 12 weeks and so your doc...  Read Full »

Please provide a second opinion on the treatment for ankle injury.

Query: Hi doctor, My mother had an ankle injury and she cannot walk. She fell down inside the house while walking and her leg is twisted. We have subsequently taken an x-ray and I have attached the x-ray for your reference. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother's x-ray grossly appears to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears as a case of ankle sprain. Standard treatment for which is RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) therapy. It is rest the limb as much as possible, apply...  Read Full »

Can fibrous cortical defect in tibia be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering mild pain in the middle part of my right leg tibia. An MRI was done and the doctor said that I have fibrous cortical defect. I would like to know is it completely curable.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fibrous cortical defect is also called as non-ossifying fibroma. It is a benign tumor. It usually occurs in children and also usually in the tibia bone. Most of the time it regresses on its own and casting is required. But, if the lesion is found to be too long or involvi...  Read Full »