Q. I get lower back pain after a hard gag reflex. Could this be due to a minor bone crack in the back?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

I was brushing my tongue yesterday, and I gagged too hard. Because once I did, I felt my back crack a little, and I do not know if the wrong bone had cracked or if it cracked too hard. But now I am having lower back pains, and it is very uncomfortable. It feels like I am straining my back a lot. It just hurts when I move.

#

In my opinion, you had a joint crack, and that should not be a problem. But in the process, you strained or pulled a muscle that is be the source of your problem. Nothing to worry about.

As of now, I recommend you to lie on your stomach and do some cobra stretching. Take a deep breathing and relax while doing cobra stretching. Stretch your glutes in a standing position and hold it for 30 seconds and repeat it three times. Both sides to be done. Stretch your obliques and low back very gently and hold for 10 seconds.

These things should help you regain mobility and help you walk pain-free with the above-mentioned stretches.

I recommend you to drink a lot of fluids to help recover the muscles. Keep icing to help smoothen the irritated muscles and help in reducing the stiffness and spasm associated with the sudden movement.

| 

I have low back pain and frequent urination after sex. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old and have suffered from bouts of prostatitis a few times. I have not had an intimate life for many years. Now, I am having an intimate life with one person, who is clean as well as I am. After vigorous sex, I am having frequent urination, especially at night. I was wonder...  Read Full »

I feel that something is stuck in my throat after eating. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,After I ate something, I am getting a feeling (maybe real) that something is stuck in my throat. I drank a lot of water, but it is still there. Why?  Read Full »

My friend got vocal cord problem after neck surgery. Which doctor should we follow now?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend is 30 years old. She had a neck schwannoma tumor, and that was completely removed by surgery. Post surgery, my friend could not eat or drink anything. Her voice was hoarse as well. ENT doctor followed up her and noted that her right vocal chord was paralyzed, but not the lef...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Chiropractor Now