Mechanical Spine Pain

Mechanical spine pain can occur due to pain in the intervertebral joints, disks, or soft tissues. Around 80 percent of such cases are idiopathic. The rest, 20 percent, is attributed to repetitive strain and excessive trauma.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why do I have severe pain in around my backbone?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26-year-old male, and I get severe pain in the backbone and the surrounding area. What could it be?  Read Full »


Dr. Anshul Varshney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly answer the following questions for a better assessment of the condition. 1. Since when are you having pain in your back? 2. Is it radiating to your legs? 3. Does it aggravate or relieve on movement and lying down? 4. Is there any history of trauma...  Read Full »

I have been suffering from intermittent low back pain. Is it sciatica?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having severe pain in the lower back, more on the right side. I am not able to bend front and my right leg is aching continuously. I am suffering from back pain for last 6 to 7 years and sometimes, it is severe. I had to take bed rest for a week, but I had never taken any medicine. ...  Read Full »


Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have pain restricted to your lower back with no radiation to lower limb the pain is not sciatica. In sciatica, the pain radiates from lower back to legs. You could have mechanical backache or disc prolapse without any impingement on the neurological structure...  Read Full »

Which leg posture is best to avoid pain in legs?

Query: Hi doctor, I use the computer and sit 10 hours daily in the office chair since last five years. I feel pain in inner thighs sometimes. Since last few days, I have felt severe pain in both inner thighs and have taken one Voveran and Paracetamol tablet. It feels good after taking medicine or applying ...  Read Full »


Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have pathology at the spinal level, causing postural or mechanical backache or a hip or sacrococcygeal joint pathology with referred pain in the thighs. Pain over the inner thigh can be due to either of the two causes mentioned above. To diagnose the cause ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a possible diagnosis for lower and upper back pain.

Query: Hello doctor, For the last two years, I have back pain in the upper and lower region. I am uploading here with my reports for your reference. Please suggest diagnosis and medicines to cure this disease.  Read Full »


Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to ask you a few more queries to see where your disease is heading for. We do have a limitation of clinical examination, but I would do my best to guide you here. When...  Read Full »

Can Nucoxia be taken for a long period?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 39 year old male. I have been diagnosed with mechanical low back pain and SI joint pain. My doctor has advised me to take Nucoxia 60 once daily for three months. Is it safe to take Nucoxia an anti-inflammatory medicine for such a long period of three months? Doctor has not prescri...  Read Full »


Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you have been diagnosed as a case of mechanical back pain. Since your question is specific for Nucoxia, I can tell you that Etoricoxib is actually a COX-2 inhibitor which is definitely safer than conventional NSAIDs (non steroidal anti-inflammatory...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue



Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.