Meniscus Surgery

What does my knee MRI actually indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I slipped from the bike and hurt my right knee. Though it is causing less pain during a normal walk, it hurts a lot while walking on stairs. I visited an orthopedic surgeon, and he told me to take an MRI. The MRI report is as follows: Impression: Grade 3 tear involving the pos...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been ideal if you had posted your MRI films for me to see, as, without them, I can only comment and answer your questions with limited knowledge of your condition. Cysts are not an immediate result of trauma. They develop over time and may have prec...  Read Full »

What is the percentage of recurrent symptoms after meniscus surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to make an informed decision about my girlfriend before marriage. She had meniscus surgery. I have attached the diagnosis report (before the surgery). It has been six months since the surgery, and everything seems to be alright now. Please study the document and respond to my...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and looked at the reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) you have provided in detail. Based on the radiology report, she had a complex bucket handle tear of the lateral meniscus with posterior root avulsion. A...  Read Full »

How long does it take to walk normally after ACL and meniscus surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I have done ACL and meniscus surgery on my right knee a month back. My doctor advised me to avoid removing my knee braces for two weeks. After two weeks, I removed my braces completely and started walking. Now I started doing few exercises on my own. Still, I am not having steady walking a...  Read Full »

Dr. Nischith

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have undergone ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) and meniscus repair a month back. You need to have graded exercise therapy before having a normal walk. Your ACL ligament reconstructed site should not be at abnormal stress for the initial 12 weeks and so your doc...  Read Full »

Does my son require surgery for the snapping sound from his left knee without pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My son aged 7 has a snapping sound from the left knee lately without complaining of any pain. He had an MRI done for his left knee. The MRI opinion is as follows: There is a discoid lateral meniscus, significant swelling of the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus and intrameniscal abno...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding surgical management and also, because of the fact there is no pain. Surgical management is indicated in case of symptomatic discoid meniscus and a popping or snapping sound is an indication for surgery. It can be managed by arthrosco...  Read Full »

I have knee pain after meniscus surgery. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had meniscus surgery before two and a half weeks. Still there is a kind of swelling around my knee. I feel little pain outside the knee and also there is still a cracky noise when I bend. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Meniscal injury leads to swelling and pain in the knee joint, so apply ice packs. Use hinged knee brace throughout the day remove it only at night.¬†Apply a crepe bandage of 6 inches below the hinged knee brace from the toe to the mid thigh. Take any over-the-counter avai...  Read Full »