Meniscus Surgery

My son gets popping sound in knee. Does his MRI indicate any need for surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My son aged 7 has a snapping sound from the left knee lately without complaining of any pain. He had an MRI done for his left knee. The MRI opinion is as follows: There is a discoid lateral meniscus, significant swelling of the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus and intrameniscal abno...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding surgical management and also, because of the fact there is no pain. Surgical management is indicated in case of symptomatic discoid meniscus and a popping or snapping sound is an indication for surgery. It can be managed by arthrosco...  Read Full »

What does my knee MRI actually mean?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I slipped from the bike and hurt my right knee. Though it is causing less pain during normal walk, it is hurting a lot while walking on stairs. I visited an orthopedic surgeon and he told me to take an MRI. The MRI report is as follows. Impression: Grade 3 tear involving the po...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been ideal if you had posted your MRI films for me to see as without them I can only comment and answer your questions with limited knowledge of your condition. Cysts are not an immediate result of trauma. They develop over time and may have preceded trau...  Read Full »

Why do I have knee pain after meniscus surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had meniscus surgery before two and a half weeks. Still there is a kind of swelling around my knee. I feel little pain outside the knee and also there is still a cracky noise when I bend. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Meniscal injury leads to swelling and pain in the knee joint, so apply ice packs. Use hinged knee brace throughout the day remove it only at night. Apply a crepe bandage of 6 inches below the hinged knee brace from the toe to the mid thigh. Take any over-the-counter avai...  Read Full »