Q. Will switching from a sanitary pad to a menstrual cup be a good option for teenagers?

Dr. Usha Mohan
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 11, 2022 and last reviewed on: Aug 12, 2022

I am 17 years old and got to know about menstrual cups from my friends. I was using sanitary pads. Will switching to a menstrual cup be helpful? Are menstrual cups a good option for teenagers? If yes, how to convince my mother to let me use menstrual cups?

#

We recommend starting with the light or medium-flow cup for teenagers and beginners who are just starting with a menstrual cup. This is because it has a slightly smaller diameter and, therefore, can create a smaller insertion point. Any teenager can use a menstrual cup, regardless of whether this is their first period or if they have used different period products previously. If needed, you can always switch to the heavy-flow cup once you are comfortable with the insertion. As for convincing your mother, let her read this or take her to a gynecologist.

|