Mental Health Problems

I have a constant feeling that something is touching my body. Am I paranoid?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been constantly feeling that something touching me all over my body. I have been experiencing it for a few years, mostly the same thing. I think it was triggered by my first episode of sleep paralysis, but that was the only episode of it. I do not know what it is or why it is co...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasan Vazhoor Ramsingh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since this has been occurring persistently for the last few years and appears to be causing you significant impairment, I would ask you to get it evaluated in detail by a psychiatrist. I do not mean to scare you, but at your age, you are vulnerable to a lot of psychiatri...  Read Full »

Why do I always assume things?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel that different people have different types of nature. For example, holding a pen to write. There is a difference between people holding a pen while writing. I always assume that it determines the knowledge of mine. If I hold a pen like my class topper, I assume that I will bec...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Although we assume in one or the other way, but it is not like that. The fact is, first someone becomes topper, successful and then his style are appreciated leading to wider recognition. We as a society focus more on succe...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest solution to help my low sexual desire and discomfort during sex.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a bit of a problem with my sexual desire. I have been on birth control for almost four and a half years and had an operation to remove my fallopian tube before seven months. I have a partner for five years now, and we are happy, but I just do not get turned on by anything, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Decrease in sexual desires among women is not very uncommon. So you do not need to excessively worry about it. Causes of decreased sexual interest can be 1. Medical diseases affecting sex drive are arthritis, diabetes, high BP, and neurological diseases. 2. Medica...  Read Full »

Do I have a mental problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42 year old married male. I have two daughters and a son. I have a good job and works as a manager in the engineering sector. During the past two years, I noticed myself with down health. One night, I suffered dizziness in my head and felt cold in my limbs. I almost lose conscio...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  I have carefully reviewed your health issues and want to add that, this actually is a painful situation for a person like you. The fainting episode destabilized your whole rhythm of normal, healthy life and it is difficult for you to concentrate. It is none of your faul...  Read Full »

I have over imagination problems. How could I stop this over imagination problems?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 24 years old. I have over imagination problems since when I was a child. I imagine that I am a winner and what I want and where I want to go. Still, I am facing these problems in my job, education, and personal relations. I imagine all my favorite, but in realities, it is not, wha...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The problem of excessive imagination occurs because imagination is one of the defenses used by the brain to overcome day to day stresses. Also, it prepares you for the future and motivates you. But if it is excessive and causing problem, then you may use some behavioral ...  Read Full »

Does economic stress affect health?

Query: Hello doctor, Does economic stress affect a person's health? Is there a link between financial stress, poverty and poor overall health? Do people who worry about their financial status have higher risk levels for certain types of diseases or illnesses? Can lowering stress levels improve overall phy...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, financial stress, poverty, and poor overall health are all linked. Because financial stress and poverty lead to deficient nutritional status hence affect physical health, worry about it lead to impaired mental health. Poverty is seen in researches that poverty l...  Read Full »

I feel some painless tight pressure from eyebrows to the back of my head. What should I do for this?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having a really strange problem for the past five months. I have been to the doctors and got some blood tests done with some CT scans as well and they told me that they cannot find anything wrong with me. So I am beginning to think that this may be a mental issue and I fee...  Read Full »

Dr. Jeyan A

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of depersonalization or derealisation disorder (a state in which thoughts and feelings of a person seem to be unreal or not to belong to oneself). It could be part of a broader spectrum of anxiety disorder. You could benefit from both psy...  Read Full »

I am mentally disturbed due to family stress and studies pressure. Please help.

Query: Hello doctors,These days I get depressed a lot. I fear I am not worthy of anything. I want to study astrophysics and be a researcher but due to academic pressure, I get stressed. I am a good student and topper in my class but due to my parents' constant fights and arguments, I get disturbed mentally...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your difficult position due to stress in the family. Remember it is not your fault and it is common for young people to feel stressed and low in the mood when facing problems at home or outside. First, try to discuss your problems with either of your p...  Read Full »

Diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. Could you please answer a few questions?

Query: Hello doctor, I am doing research regarding diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. Please answer a few questions of mine. What routine medical examinations apart from MMSE and history would you conduct? By this I mean standard routine blood investigations plus other investigations. What clini...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your queries and shall answer accordingly. Keep in mind that standard procedures for management may differ in different countries. Answers for your questions: In blood investigations we usually go for complete blood count (CBC), liver function tests (LFT)...  Read Full »

When I shave, people say I look homosexual. Is there any solution for this?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 20 year old male. People say I look like gay when I shave. Dealing with it is tough. Is there any reason or solution to this?  Read Full »

Dr. Surabhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been better if you had included a little more information about your problems. Anyways, are there other reasons as to why people believe that you are gay like mannerisms, type of clothes you wear, etc. Sometimes, one's own suppressed homosexuality is also ...  Read Full »

Starting @ just €19.99