Mental Health Problems

I have over imagination problems. How could I stop this over imagination problems?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 24 years old. I have over imagination problems since when I was a child. I imagine that I am a winner and what I want and where I want to go. Still, I am facing these problems in my job, education, and personal relations. I imagine all my favorite, but in realities, it is not, wha...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The problem of excessive imagination occurs because imagination is one of the defenses used by the brain to overcome day to day stresses. Also, it prepares you for the future and motivates you. But if it is excessive and causing problem, then you may use some behavioral ...  Read Full »

Does economic stress affect health?

Query: Hello doctor, Does economic stress affect a person's health? Is there a link between financial stress, poverty and poor overall health? Do people who worry about their financial status have higher risk levels for certain types of diseases or illnesses? Can lowering stress levels improve overall phy...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, financial stress, poverty, and poor overall health are all linked. Because financial stress and poverty lead to deficient nutritional status hence affect physical health, worry about it lead to impaired mental health. Poverty is seen in researches that poverty l...  Read Full »

I feel some painless tight pressure from eyebrows to the back of my head. What should I do for this?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having a really strange problem for the past five months. I have been to the doctors and got some blood tests done with some CT scans as well and they told me that they cannot find anything wrong with me. So I am beginning to think that this may be a mental issue and I fee...  Read Full »

Dr. Jeyan A

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of depersonalization or derealisation disorder (a state in which thoughts and feelings of a person seem to be unreal or not to belong to oneself). It could be part of a broader spectrum of anxiety disorder. You could benefit from both psy...  Read Full »

I am mentally disturbed due to family stress and studies pressure. Please help.

Query: Hello doctors,These days I get depressed a lot. I fear I am not worthy of anything. I want to study astrophysics and be a researcher but due to academic pressure, I get stressed. I am a good student and topper in my class but due to my parents' constant fights and arguments, I get disturbed mentally...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your difficult position due to stress in the family. Remember it is not your fault and it is common for young people to feel stressed and low in the mood when facing problems at home or outside. First, try to discuss your problems with either of your p...  Read Full »

Diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. Could you please answer a few questions?

Query: Hello doctor, I am doing research regarding diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses. Please answer a few questions of mine. What routine medical examinations apart from MMSE and history would you conduct? By this I mean standard routine blood investigations plus other investigations. What clini...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your queries and shall answer accordingly. Keep in mind that standard procedures for management may differ in different countries. Answers for your questions: In blood investigations we usually go for complete blood count (CBC), liver function tests (LFT)...  Read Full »

When I shave, people say I look homosexual. Is there any solution for this?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 20 year old male. People say I look like gay when I shave. Dealing with it is tough. Is there any reason or solution to this?  Read Full »

Dr. Surabhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been better if you had included a little more information about your problems. Anyways, are there other reasons as to why people believe that you are gay like mannerisms, type of clothes you wear, etc. Sometimes, one's own suppressed homosexuality is also ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of exhibitionism habit?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male. My problem is exhibitionism. I try to flash my penis to women. I know it is a bad habit. But I am not able to stop it. Please help me stop this bad behavior.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you have taken the very first step required for resolution of your problem and you accomplished that by seeking help. This is not recognized as a problem by a major part of the population due to ignorance or other reasons best known to them. There...  Read Full »

What possible psychiatric problems can a person develop in the following scenario?

Query: Hi doctor, I do not want a therapy, but I would like your opinion on what kind of personality or problems a person could develop as an adult if the following happened to him as a child. He got sick as a kid from meningitis in the 60´s. His uncle was a pediatric and placed him on a first check...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear that you experienced these traumatic events in your childhood. The given events are traumatic. When a person experiences continuous traumatic events in his life, he could develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This could happen at any time ...  Read Full »

I see some shadows at the end of my bed at night. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female. My height is 1.68 m and weight is 82 kg. I see things that other people do not see. Always at night, I see shadows at the end of my bed as someone noticing me. When I look at the shadow, either it will disappear or just walk away. I am not on any medication.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, it appears that either you are experiencing visual hallucinations or excessive visual imagery. The first one is never normal and can indicate serious illness related to your mind as well as th...  Read Full »

Is it a mental problem or am I just being paranoid?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been constantly feeling that something touching me all over my body. I have been experiencing it for a few years, mostly the same thing. I think it was triggered by my first episode of sleep paralysis, but that was the only episode of it. I do not know what it is or why it is co...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasan Vazhoor Ramsingh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since this has been occurring persistently for the last few years and appears to be causing you significant impairment, I would ask you to get it evaluated in detail by a psychiatrist. I do not mean to scare you, but at your age, you are vulnerable to a lot of psychiatri...  Read Full »