Minimally Invasive

My grandfather had heart attack. Please suggest a suitable treatment for him.

Query: Hi doctor, My grandfather is 82 years old. He has diabetes as well as Alzheimer's. He had a heart attack before 15 days. Doctors are confused whether to go in for angioplasty or bypass considering his age and diabetic history. He had congestion in the lungs and had breathlessness and sleeplessness...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your grandfather's details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Angioplasty above the age of 80 is not a good option. The patient is a subject for CABG (coronary artery bypass graft). Ejection fraction of the patient is 35% only,...  Read Full »

Kindly give your expert opinion regarding heart surgery.

Query: Hi doctor, My relative has got heart attack some days before. I have his reports. We need a second opinion about surgery whether he should go or not. His presenting complaint includes chest pain and high blood sugar. He is under diabetes medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kidney function tests of your relative are deranged (attachment removed to protect patient identity). His serum creatinine levels and potassium levels are high. What do you mean by surgery? Is that open heart surgery or stenting? However, the surgery c...  Read Full »

Please clarify my doubts regarding hernia surgery.

Query: Hi doctor, My questions are related to da Vinci bilateral hernia repair with mesh. How long does it take for the tissues to completely grow into the mesh? What is the time window for rejection of the mesh after the surgery? What is the time window for developing infection after the surgery? Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hernia surgery can be done with two approaches, open surgery or minimal access surgery. The minimal access approach includes either conventional laparoscopic surgery or robotic surgery. Healing allows fibrosis to occur in the surgery area and the extent of fibrosis is ...  Read Full »