Muscle Weakness

What causes sudden intermittent pain on sternum?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing a sudden piercing pain on my sternum and a small region to the left of it, just above the heart. I only get this pain occasionally when I lift something or bend. Today I held my 1-year-old nephew in my arms for about 15 minutes and when I bent to put him down, I felt th...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, that could be due to muscle weakness. Could you please tell me what you do and how much physical activity you have in your daily routine?  Read Full »

My mother has spondylosis for past two years. What should I do to decrease the gap in her neck?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is 44-years-old and has spondylosis for past two years. What should I do to decrease this gap in her neck? She has started physiotherapy from eight days ago.  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The spondylosis has caused a reduction in the intervertebral spaces. This occurs due to the weakness of the muscles of the neck. I will advise following the exercises which help regain the muscle strength and improve the space in the intervertebral cervical region. Activ...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause muscle twitches?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from muscle twitches, joint pain and extreme body weakness for over three to four months. My skin has become dry. My finger knuckles has got black pigmentation. My neurologist tells me that my reflexes are normal. I have a history of masturbation from my teenage and I als...  Read Full »

Dr. Neelakanta J Sajjanar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand from your complaints and history, the condition is at the level of functional or metabolic derangement. All your laboratory reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) indicate that you are structurally normal. The functional aspect of body need...  Read Full »

What can be done for constant shortness of breath and muscle weakness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have shortness of breath on exertion and episodic mild muscle weakness for about one year. It worsens with fatigue and particularly ptosis. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com I saw the chest x-ray posteroanterior and lateral views (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The findings are, 1. There are mildly prominent lung markings in the bilateral mid and lower zones. The upper zones are clear bilaterally. 2. There is no pleur...  Read Full »

Are there any tests available to check pelvic muscle weakness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from pelvic muscle weakness. I want to know is there any blood tests or any other diagnosis.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pelvic and lower back muscle weakness will give you symptoms of back pain and leg pain. You should do blood tests. Check for vitamin D and B12 levels. These blood tests are useful to check the vitamin levels in the blood which co-relates with muscle weakness of the body...  Read Full »

When will anxiety and weakness return to normal after thyroid blood levels are normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently was hyperthyroid due to subacute thyroiditis and being misdiagnosed and given 75 mg of Synthroid on top of it. Became hyperthyroid of course. My blood levels were normal as of five months ago but I still experience anxiety and some muscle weakness. How long does it take that...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Once your hormone levels have normalized, your symptoms should resolve too. Five months is too long for your symptoms to linger once your thyroid hormones are within the normal range. We need to look at other causes of the symptoms you are experiencing now like muscle w...  Read Full »

I am unable to stand for a long time post knee surgery. Should I opt knee replacement?

Query: Hi doctor, I had surgery on my knee. During coughing or yawning, I get a sharp pain on the knee. I am unable to stand for a long time. It hurts a lot. My MRI doctor suggests me to have a replacement on the knee. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your knee seems to be arthritic, and hence the doctor advises for replacement. I need to see the X-ray of your knee so that I can take a decision. It hurts because of the weakened muscles. So you need to strengthen your quadriceps muscle by doing daily exercise under a ...  Read Full »

I have constant body pain and weakness. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, My arms and legs hurt every time I move around too much or stand too long or lift my hand up. I cannot even do exercises, because my muscles burn when I try to do some exercise. My knees also hurt when I stand too long or carry weight. My knees hurt and give a twig breaking sound when I b...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query in detail (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concern. From the complaints you have mentioned, it does not seem that you have any nerve pinch or something like that. It seems that you have low calcium and vit...  Read Full »

Can frequent masturbation lead to weak erections?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male, who weighs 42 kg. When I was 18 years old, I started masturbating. At that time, I released that my penis was strong, but now, it is not that strong. I am in a long distance relationship, and I only meet her once a year. Last year when we met, I had sex, for the f...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to mention a fact here that masturbation is normal. Almost every male masturbates, and most females do too. So, there is no harm in masturbating even daily. There is no physical weakness after masturbation, and it is all psychological weakness. It does not ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for giddiness and high BP?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. My weight is 70 kg and height is 5'6". I have some giddiness problem for the past two years. Doctors termed it as excessive stress, anxiety and tension. Before four months I had giddiness and high BP. Then at times I feel like taking long breaths and weakness in legs. M...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data you have posted. Some things are important in what you said. First diagnosis of hypertension HTN at 22 years of age has to be seriously looked into unless there is strong family history for the same. For the diagnosis of HTN three offi...  Read Full »