Muscle Weakness

Why do I muscle weakness from childhood?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have muscle weakness in both arms and legs since childhood. I cannot climb stairs without support and I feel tired most of the day. I cannot stand for long and also cannot run or walk. My legs and feet always get numb. I have decreased sensory sensations in both feet....  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I have read your question with care and understand your concerns. My opinion is as below: You are having both myopathy and neuropathy. You need to get treatment for both. Hypothyroidism and vitiligo are may be signs of abnormal functioning of the pituitary gland....  Read Full »

What causes calf pain after taking a long walk?

Query: Hello doctor, I walked for around 10 km two days back. I am not a habitual walker. I felt cramp twice in my right leg during first 3 km and after stretching it was better. Then I consumed fair amount of water. But, after 24 hours I got severe pain in calf muscles and there is slight swelling. Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having fatigued muscle due to over exercise by an unaccustomed muscle. You can take muscle relaxant with anti-inflammatory and also apply some analgesic gel to the calf muscle. Heat and massage therapy will help in early resolution of symptoms. You should only...  Read Full »

Are my tremors in left hand due to Rubral syndrome or muscle weakness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have tremors on my left hand. I am on Amantrel 100 mg tds, Frisium 30 mg and Propranolol 40 mg. I have been through two stents in my heart, but I have no myocardial infarction. I am on beta blockers Valent 40mg od and Retorlix 5 mg od. My neurologist says this as Rubral syndrome and ...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Let me try to help you. Muscle weakness will not cause unilateral tremors (involving one side). May be the tremors will start in one hand on first day, but within a week you will have tremors in both hands. So, this is not due to muscle weaknes...  Read Full »

Why do I feel like my whole skeletal system has a problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male. My height is 6'3" and weight is 180 pounds. I am having problems with my whole skeletal system. My right knee snaps when I extend my leg and my left hip has some pain. My left foot appears longer from heal to big toe and my right leg appears longer from the knee t...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are the findings that you have quoted your impression or seen and mentioned by a physiotherapist or doctor? Have you been prescribed any physiotherapy? Have you had bloods taken to rule out any other cause of muscle weakness fatigue? Do you exercise regularly? ...  Read Full »

Can GSD result in high creatine kinase isoenzyme?

Query: Hi doctor, I can run slowly and do aerobic exercise for 45 minutes. But, if I try anaerobic workout I get tired very soon and feel very thirsty. I have this problem since four years. I have the ability to fast for three days or drink only water. But, when it comes to anaerobic workout like push-up...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know few more information to help you better. Can I know your age and sex? Anyone else in your family with such disease? Have you got tests for diabetes, thyroid disorders and anemia done? Revert back with the answers to a diabetologist...  Read Full »

What causes sudden intermittent pain on sternum?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing a sudden piercing pain on my sternum and a small region to the left of it, just above the heart. I only get this pain occasionally when I lift something or bend. Today I held my 1-year-old nephew in my arms for about 15 minutes and when I bent to put him down, I felt th...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, that could be due to muscle weakness. Could you please tell me what you do and how much physical activity you have in your daily routine?  Read Full »

My mother has spondylosis for past two years. What should I do to decrease the gap in her neck?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is 44-years-old and has spondylosis for past two years. What should I do to decrease this gap in her neck? She has started physiotherapy from eight days ago.  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The spondylosis has caused a reduction in the intervertebral spaces. This occurs due to the weakness of the muscles of the neck. I will advise following the exercises which help regain the muscle strength and improve the space in the intervertebral cervical region. Activ...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause muscle twitches?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from muscle twitches, joint pain and extreme body weakness for over three to four months. My skin has become dry. My finger knuckles has got black pigmentation. My neurologist tells me that my reflexes are normal. I have a history of masturbation from my teenage and I als...  Read Full »

Dr. Neelakanta J Sajjanar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand from your complaints and history, the condition is at the level of functional or metabolic derangement. All your laboratory reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) indicate that you are structurally normal. The functional aspect of body need...  Read Full »

What can be done for constant shortness of breath and muscle weakness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have shortness of breath on exertion and episodic mild muscle weakness for about one year. It worsens with fatigue and particularly ptosis. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com I saw the chest x-ray posteroanterior and lateral views (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The findings are, 1. There are mildly prominent lung markings in the bilateral mid and lower zones. The upper zones are clear bilaterally. 2. There is no pleur...  Read Full »

Are there any tests available to check pelvic muscle weakness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from pelvic muscle weakness. I want to know is there any blood tests or any other diagnosis.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pelvic and lower back muscle weakness will give you symptoms of back pain and leg pain. You should do blood tests. Check for vitamin D and B12 levels. These blood tests are useful to check the vitamin levels in the blood which co-relates with muscle weakness of the body...  Read Full »