Q. What is the reason for neck pain on turning to side?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

I have pain in my neck whenever I turn it to the left, occurring in the back left-hand side of my neck, and this has been happening for the last six months. I am currently on no medication. I am a female, age 15, 5'5".

#

I have read your concern. I feel that there could be some facet irritation that can lead to this restriction and pain on your left side of the neck. Do not worry. I suggest you to kindly use a neck pillow or support your neck properly while sleeping. At least make sure you support the neck curvature with a rolled towel. Keep icing frequently over the painful area. Drink water adequately. Hydration will help relax muscles. Have proper sleep. Avoid stress. Gentle massage over your neck help reduce stiffness and pain. Mild gentle stretching of the neck help maintains range. Revert back to me once pain comes down to suggest you strengthening program.

| 
1 out of 1 likes