Needle Phobia

Can I surpass the recommended time for the second dose of COVID vaccine?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a phobia of needles and I am not vaccinated against COVID-19. I am considering getting vaccinated but I would like to first consult for resources to help me cope with this process and make it less anxiety-inducing for me.I was also unsure if I need to have my second vaccine within t...  Read Full »

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your concern in detail and I will surely help you out.I can understand your phobia and it can lead to severe anxiety.The best way to tackle it is to take anti-anxiety drugs like the tablet Nexito plus (Clonazepam and Escitalopram) one hour prior to injection....  Read Full »

How can I overcome the fear of needles?

Query: Hello doctor, I am quite afraid of needles. I get anxious even thinking about blood tests. I fainted once while taking blood test. Please suggest me to overcome fear. I have to get blood tests done but I am extremely anxious.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Needle phobia is quite common and it has different types like vasovagal syncope attack which you have encountered earlier. You can try local anesthetic cream when a needle is to be inserted so that pain associated with needle prick is not felt. Beta blockers can also be...  Read Full »

How can I be relaxed during getting anesthesia for wisdom tooth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, Today I got my wisdom teeth pulled and they said they were gonna give me a shot in my mouth. There is no way I will be relaxed. Is there any option they would do for me to be more comfortable?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, this is the only way to get local anesthesia. You can also go for general anesthesia but it will be too costly and needs hospitalization. It is a simple procedure, and you will only feel a prick like an insect bite. Do not worry, it is simple and there will be no pai...  Read Full »