Nerve Growth Factor

How long does numbness last after tooth extraction?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, I had a wisdom tooth extraction. Still, I feel tongue numbness. What is the solution?  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The tongue numbness is caused by nerve injury or irritation at the time of giving local anesthesia before your tooth removal or even due to the closeness of the roots of your tooth to the nerve bundle. However, this is usually transient and there is a gradual recovery of ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to transfer muscle to fill in the hand after ulnar nerve entrapment?

Query: Hello doctor,Earlier this year approximately five months ago, I was diagnosed with ulnar nerve entrapment at the right elbow. Sadly, I declined rapidly and lost all my hypotheaner and some of my lumbericals in a matter of six weeks. I was operated on exactly 14 weeks ago where I had a decompression ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankit Gupta

Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetologist, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your query is genuine and I am extremely sorry to learn about your problems. To answer, let me explain to you how a nerve grows. It takes one month of latency and later nerve grows at 1 mm per day. Even though the nerve might reach your muscle, for bulk to improve, it tak...  Read Full »