Neuron Degeneration

How can the condition of HD chorea patient be improved?

Query: Hello doctor, My father aged 54 years is suffering from HD (Huntington's) chorea. The symptoms were visible eight years back itself, but we felt it is quite common and the days passed on, and the symptoms became more prominent. My father's elder sister also had HD chorea, and she passed away due to...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, but unfortunately this is a progressive neurological disorder and there is no cure. It is genetic and it can be inherited in the patient's children. For this reason, I would recommend you and your brothers or sisters, cousins to perform th...  Read Full »

CT scan revealed multiple small hypodense lacunar infarcts. Please explain.

Query: Hello doctor, My grandfather is 89 years old. He got operated for femur neck fracture on 14 February 2020. After that, he experienced visual hallucinations. Before operation, he suffered from auditory hallucinations and words did not come to his mouth. He was facing difficulty in recalling names an...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your description and on these CT (computed tomography) scan findings (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I would conclude about vascular dementia which is a degenerative disease of the brain. I agree with the medication and would recommend...  Read Full »

What is MSA?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a balancing problem. I have low blood pressure in change of posture. I am on Midodrine. During a neurological examination, I was asked to tap my toes. Every time when I did that my heel involuntarily tapped several times. What is the reason? I am being examined for possible MSA...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

I feel I may have a neurodegenerative disease. How to determine it?

Query: Hello doctor,I feel as if I may have a neurodegenerative disease. My symptoms are as follows:More forgetful than normal.Battle to find the right words.I get very bad pains and pressure in my brain.When driving, I battle with judging my following distance.Please, could you provide any tests that I co...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, only based on these symptoms, it is difficult to say with certainty. I would like to ask if you have any medical problem as of now, and taking any medicine, or using any substance of abuse. These symptoms could be due to: Neurodegenerative disease. Depress...  Read Full »