Neuropathy

I have a pinching pain in my arm, shoulder, palms and fingers. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, From the last two months, I have a pinching and wound-like pain in my left upper arm and shoulder. I also feel pain in my palm and fingers while bending, stretching or gripping.  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a neuropathic pain because of a nerve compression syndrome. I suggest the following medicines: Tablet Gabapentin forte (Gabapentin), half a tablet, twice a day. Tablet Zerodol TH 8 (a combination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside) once...  Read Full »

What can be done for fibromyalgia and neuropathy in hands and feet?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old female, height 5'3" and 311 lbs. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and also small fiber neuropathy in my hands and feet. I am currently on Gabapentin, Duloxetine, and Meloxicam for my condition. The pain is keeping me up at night and I do not sleep well. Also I cann...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Fibromyalgia has a condition in which the whole body has pain with fatigue. The patient suffers from difficulty in walking, standing, breathing, etc. Neuropathy is a condition in which peripheral nervous system gets damaged gradually caus...  Read Full »

Why is my left foot numb?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a 39 year old male. My height is 6 feet and I weigh 81 kg. Right side of my left foot is having numbness though it is not 100% numb. The left side of the foot has little pain. I get a feeling that there is some blockage in the blood flow though it might not be the case. I am a reg...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned numbness in the inner part of the left foot as your main symptom. Most commonly numbness is a manifestation of a nerve involvement, it can be compression of the nerve at an anatomical site like in back or anywhere along the course of the nerve or it ...  Read Full »

Should I receive B12 injection for fatigue, pins and needles with slow cognition?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had low B 12 in the past (135 ngl) and seven years back had injections via my GP. These finished five years back. Recently have had symptoms come back and had my B12 checked and it was low, 265, but in the recommended range, however, I do take a supplement with B12 in it which wou...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fatigue and pins and needle sensation are suggestive of B12 deficiency-induced neuropathy. Your B12 is within the limit but borderline deficiency. I suggest you take B12 injection again as you did earlier. However, your detailed neurological evaluation also shoul...  Read Full »

Can EDS cause spider veins?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old female, who weighs 150 lbs and 5.9 feet tall. I have been experiencing a burning, stinging, or intensely sharp pain in different areas of my body, which always seems to be coming from a vein or artery on my neck where carotid is, in the leg, foot, arm, and temple. I ha...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. People suffering from EDS (Ehlers-Danlos syndrome) tend to develop neuropathy like symptoms, that is tingling sensations. This could be a result of neuropathy or just somatic in nature. Important here is that, if all your parameters and blood work, ultrasound are within ...  Read Full »

Why are my hands and feet cold and sweaty always?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male, who weighs 200 lbs and 6 feet tall. I have been looking for my symptoms after watching a TV show. I know some things are not right with me, and I have been curious to find the cause. It could be one or more problems. Here is what is going on. I have cold hand ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cold and sweaty hands and feet can happen in heart failure, anxiety, hyperthyroidism and shock. Numb feet, which are painful while walking can be due to neuropathy, nerve root compression at lumbosacral spine, or arterial occlusion in legs. The half closed eyelids ...  Read Full »

I have severe nerve pain between my left bum and leg. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have nerve pain between my left bum and left leg for the past two months. It is so painful that I cannot even walk, sit or lay down.  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you obese? Are you diabetic? Any pain in the lower back? The possible causes are lumbar spondylosis with radiculopathy or compressive neuropathy or peripheral neuropathy or restless leg syndrome or arthritis if knee with bursitis or peripheral vascular disease, etc...  Read Full »

I feel excess heat in my body with burning sensation in foot. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 55 years old male, weighing 58 kg at 160 cm. My query is that I have a problem of excess heat in my body. I experience severe burning in the foot, especially in the mornings. Please advise remedy.  Read Full »

Dr. Ella Maponya

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Burning sensation in the feet may be because of nerve damage, also called neuropathy. In most people with neuropathy, the leg nerves get damaged first. Damaged nerve fibers are more likely to be overactive and misfire, thereby sending the pain signal to the brain even t...  Read Full »

Can anxiety cause foot drop and twitches in the body?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female, and I developed foot drop five weeks ago, the foot was numb, and I could not dorsiflex it. But, now I can dorsiflex, and the steppage gait has disappeared unless I walk long distances. I have more power in the foot now, but it is still a lot weaker than the oth...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that your foot drop is improving in a five weeks period. The twitches that you are feeling may be due to anxiety also. If it was ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), the foot drop would be unlikely to improve. As it is improving, it is unlikely to be...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain, numbness and bladder control issues?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old male and have pain, numbness and bladder control issues. Kindly guide me.  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain numbness and bladder control issues point towards spine pathology. If you have done some MRI, then please upload the images else I would recommend a dorsolumbar spine MRI. For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-docto...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.