Neuropathy

Please suggest a solution for neuropathy in feet and intense burning throughout the body.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 65-year-old male. I had cancer before four years and was in a coma for about four times. My remission is a miracle. I have severe neuropathy in feet and poor control over the last three years. Even narcotics do not work and now exploring alternatives. My question is for the la...  Read Full »

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would advise you on the following, for the next one month, for relief. (a) Alpha Lipoic Acid R+, 300 mg twice daily. (b) Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamine), 500 mg daily. (c) Omega-3 fatty acid 1000 mg twice daily. Additionally, I would also advise you to go for ac...  Read Full »

Are sexual dysfunction and lack of sensation in penis signs of neuropathy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing sexual dysfunction for the past 2.5 years, and I believe it is neurogenic in origin. This is because not only do I lack sensation, and am not responsive to touch in my penis when getting it erect. I cannot feel heat or cold temperatures on the glans of my peni...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any psychological diagnosis needs evaluation for other causes and ruling out functional causes. So my recommendations would do a few investigations first : 1. Serum testosterone levels. 2. Thyroid profile. 3. Serum vitamin B12 assay. 4. MRI LS (magnetic resonance...  Read Full »

Why do my temples get swollen when I chew hard food?

Query: Hi doctor, I get a swelling on the temple after chewing on hard food, for example, steak or candy. The swelling goes down after I stop eating, but the area feels numb for a long time after that. What can cause this? I have chronic urticaria and MGUS.   Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully reviewed your health query and will answer your concerns. The issues you mentioned are related to mastication (chewing). It is a process where you have to put a lot of energy, and the muscles of mastication are widely used. It seems there is some ne...  Read Full »

I have a pinching pain in my arm, shoulder, palms and fingers. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, From the last two months, I have a pinching and wound-like pain in my left upper arm and shoulder. I also feel pain in my palm and fingers while bending, stretching or gripping.  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a neuropathic pain because of a nerve compression syndrome. I suggest the following medicines: Tablet Gabapentin forte (Gabapentin), half a tablet, twice a day. Tablet Zerodol TH 8 (a combination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside) once...  Read Full »

What can be done for fibromyalgia and neuropathy in hands and feet?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old female, height 5'3" and 311 lbs. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and also small fiber neuropathy in my hands and feet. I am currently on Gabapentin, Duloxetine, and Meloxicam for my condition. The pain is keeping me up at night and I do not sleep well. Also I cann...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Fibromyalgia has a condition in which the whole body has pain with fatigue. The patient suffers from difficulty in walking, standing, breathing, etc. Neuropathy is a condition in which peripheral nervous system gets damaged gradually caus...  Read Full »

Why is my left foot numb?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a 39 year old male. My height is 6 feet and I weigh 81 kg. Right side of my left foot is having numbness though it is not 100% numb. The left side of the foot has little pain. I get a feeling that there is some blockage in the blood flow though it might not be the case. I am a reg...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned numbness in the inner part of the left foot as your main symptom. Most commonly numbness is a manifestation of a nerve involvement, it can be compression of the nerve at an anatomical site like in back or anywhere along the course of the nerve or it ...  Read Full »

Should I receive B12 injection for fatigue, pins and needles with slow cognition?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had low B 12 in the past (135 ngl) and seven years back had injections via my GP. These finished five years back. Recently have had symptoms come back and had my B12 checked and it was low, 265, but in the recommended range, however, I do take a supplement with B12 in it which wou...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fatigue and pins and needle sensation are suggestive of B12 deficiency-induced neuropathy. Your B12 is within the limit but borderline deficiency. I suggest you take B12 injection again as you did earlier. However, your detailed neurological evaluation also shoul...  Read Full »

Can EDS cause spider veins?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old female, who weighs 150 lbs and 5.9 feet tall. I have been experiencing a burning, stinging, or intensely sharp pain in different areas of my body, which always seems to be coming from a vein or artery on my neck where carotid is, in the leg, foot, arm, and temple. I ha...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. People suffering from EDS (Ehlers-Danlos syndrome) tend to develop neuropathy like symptoms, that is tingling sensations. This could be a result of neuropathy or just somatic in nature. Important here is that, if all your parameters and blood work, ultrasound are within ...  Read Full »

Why are my hands and feet cold and sweaty always?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male, who weighs 200 lbs and 6 feet tall. I have been looking for my symptoms after watching a TV show. I know some things are not right with me, and I have been curious to find the cause. It could be one or more problems. Here is what is going on. I have cold hand ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cold and sweaty hands and feet can happen in heart failure, anxiety, hyperthyroidism and shock. Numb feet, which are painful while walking can be due to neuropathy, nerve root compression at lumbosacral spine, or arterial occlusion in legs. The half closed eyelids ...  Read Full »

I have severe nerve pain between my left bum and leg. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have nerve pain between my left bum and left leg for the past two months. It is so painful that I cannot even walk, sit or lay down.  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you obese? Are you diabetic? Any pain in the lower back? The possible causes are lumbar spondylosis with radiculopathy or compressive neuropathy or peripheral neuropathy or restless leg syndrome or arthritis if knee with bursitis or peripheral vascular disease, etc...  Read Full »