The upper part of my head turns numb in sleep. Why?

Q. What causes numbness in the head during sleep?

Dr. J. Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

I have been experiencing numbness in the upper part of my head, specifically in the middle, while I am sleeping for the past two days. I had like to understand the possible reasons behind this sensation and whether it is a cause for concern. Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

#

Welcome to icliniq, and thank you for choosing us as your provider for health care.

I have gone through all your details and appreciate your concern.

Experiencing occasional numbness while sleeping is typically considered normal. It is usually a cause for concern only if it persists for more than a week. If you have been experiencing this for just two days, there is no immediate need to worry. I extend my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

We look forward to serving you once more and invite you to contact us whenever you need a professional medical opinion.

|