Q. Suffering from OCD(Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). Taking medicines, but I do not feel completely good. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

I am suffering from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) since last 10 years. Getting treated by a doctor with medicines. But I do not feel completely good. Many times I go into very sad mood.

Please give me suggestions.


Hi, Thanks for writing to us. Your answer is as follows:

OCD is manageable with the help of regular psychiatric and therapeutic work.

Only medicines can never treat OCD, neither managed completely.

Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) is paired with medical treatment to deal with obsessions and compulsions simultaneously.

Medications are only used to decrease the extreme symptoms of anxiety (because of obsessions); and once they are controlled, CBT has to be immediately started for the person.

CBT is mainly used to teach the skills to the person and guide him/her to control his/her obsessions and manage compulsions (behaviors) linked with thoughts.

So, you are advised to consult a CBT-therapist near you and take regular sessions to learn certain techniques including ERP(Exposure and Response Prevention), Relaxation Therapy, DIET and sleep management.

Alternatively you can book for an online therapy at icliniq, and we will help you with this as well.

Hope it helps.

Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.