Obstructive Sleep Apnea

Why do I wake up tired and with a headache every day?

Query: Hi, I sleep at 10 PM at night and get up at 7 AM. I am getting adequate sleep. But for the last few days, I wake up very tired in the morning and this is causing me to sleep in office. Please give me advice regarding this.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting a query at icliniq. The problem you described can be caused by multiple factors. One of them is subclinical viral infection that wisely affects during change of season. This is generally also associated with generalized myalgia, easy fatigability and decreased interest in work...  Read Full »

Can sinus and turbinate problems cause breathing difficulties?

Query: Hi doctor, Operation for supraglottic collapse, laryngomalacia last year, increasing difficulty in breathing and swallowing for four years, supposed to have operation on maxillary sinus right ethmoid and CT scan of paranasal sinuses, was meant to have submucous diathermy of inferior turbinates, and...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I personally feel you have been having chronic obstructive sleep apnea at different levels. However, the symptoms of difficulty in opening your mouth and yawning can be related to the temperomandibular joint. The other symptoms such as weakened chest moments causing dis...  Read Full »

If routine and culture urine tests are normal, is chlamydia and gonorrhea test necessary?

Query: Hello doctor, If a persons routine and culture urine test is normal, does he have to do separate tests for chlamydia and gonorrhea? The patient has headaches and sleepiness throughout the day and burning sensation in urine at times.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, not needed if there is no pus cells on routine examination. This also depends whether one is having symptoms or not. Occasional burning usually occurs due to dehydration and most of the times this burning is also associated with yellow urine which further suggest...  Read Full »

What causes involuntary puffing?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45 year old male. A month back, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I have enclosed my report here. I feel breathless at night while lying down and I was advised it as because of sleep apnea. I have been trying to use a CPAP. For past two months I am experiencing breathlessness on...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in detail. Please find my observations below. There is a probability of having a parasomnia which is defined as sleep disorders that involve abnormal movements and features like...  Read Full »

Is there any test to diagnose chronic body pain associated with movement?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old man with undiagnosed chronic body pain associated with movement. Sed rate and CRP in normal range, uric acid level tested after a bout of kidney stones last year, but that was also in normal range. Is there any tests you could suggest to my attending? Please advi...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The normal ESR and CRP essentially rules out inflammatory conditions. Uric acid levels, if high, can lead to joint pains, not body pains. Based on you height and weight, your body mass index is 37.3. This is considered morbid obesity. People with high BMIs can have...  Read Full »

A male with muscle spasms is tired and sleepy throughout the day. What could this be?

Query: Hello doctor,This is regarding a male aged 48 with high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea, and overweight. He has muscle spasms or shakes, drops things because of this, cannot stay awake during the day. It affects his driving and family life. He can nap for a few hours and when he gets up falls ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is clear that he has obstructive sleep apnea which causes interrupted sleep during the night due to obstruction of the nasopharyngeal air flow. As a consequence, he becomes sleepy in the daytime. Confirmation of the diagnosis requires: Polysomnography. Over th...  Read Full »

Why do I have excessive daytime sleepiness? How to treat it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 16-year-old female. My weight is 85 kilograms, and I have a height of 5 feet 3 inch. I have excessive daytime sleepiness for the past three years. It got started in me before three years, and my parents took me to the local GP immediately. They did blood tests and told that I have...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have obstructive sleep apnea. Please say about other symptoms whether you had snoring, interrupted sleep, unrefreshed sleep, and morning headaches. If you had these symptoms, it supports the diagnosis. It is a condition characterized by obstruction of upper airway e...  Read Full »

I do not have the feel of sleeping. What is the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am feeling tired for a couple of weeks. I do not have the feel of sleeping. I cannot completely open my eyes in the morning. I have a headache and neck stiffness. I went to a urgent care as I had chest pain, they did an ECG and blood test and told me that there is nothing to worry abou...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be due to sleep apnea or obstructive sleep apnea. Frequent awakening while sleeping that is unidentifiable to the individual himself causes all the discomfort. It is a disease where we cannot sleep well and we will feel uncomfortable and lazy, you will have no en...  Read Full »

What is the reason for chest pain after using CPAP?

Query: Hi doctor, I have obstructive sleep apnea and using CPAP for a year. I feel chest pain in the mornings. The same kind of pain is felt whenever I sleep without the mask. My BP, sugar and ECGs were tested before six months back and they were normal. What is the cause and remedy?  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. OSA that is obstructive sleep apnea happens when something partly or completely blocks your upper airway during sleep. The common symptoms of the disease are snoring and intermittent pauses in your breathing during sleep, daytime sleepiness, difficulty in conc...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my disturbed sleep and morning drowsiness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 56 years old and self-employed. I do not have much work for the last few months as I have reduced my business for a gradual retirement. I go to bed at about 10 PM. I get up once in between for urination. Most of the day, in the last few months, my sleep gets disturbed at about 4 AM a...  Read Full »

Dr. Duraikannan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. You are suffering from two problems. One is nasal block and the other is sleep disturbance, which may be insomnia. You can stop Xaria plus (combination of Montelukast and Fexofenadine). Instead of that you can take Flutiflo-FT - F...  Read Full »