Obstructive Sleep Apnea

How can I sleep with sleep apnea without CPAP?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder, and I am worried about the link with Parkinson’s and, even worse, and Lewy body dementia. While the Fluoxetine may be a cause, it has been noticed there is a marked lack of swing in my right arm while walking. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some further details about your symptoms. Since when you started problems in sleep? What symptoms used to happen in sleep. Please describe in detail (please tell what you yourself felt in sleep and also tell what your family or bed partner descri...  Read Full »

What causes heart palpitations and presyncope?

Query: Hi doctor, I have heart palpitations and presyncope events. Please help me with it.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your attached ECG (electrocardiogram) is fine. There are some motion artifacts and no significant abnormalities. So these ECG (electrocardiogram) do not help to explain the cause of syncope. Were these ECG (electrocardiogram) obtained during the events? Because cardi...  Read Full »

How is obstructive sleep apnea treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter had a sleep study and she was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea and some other apnea also. She is not taking medications. I believe that she called it as central. I ordered an oxygen monitor as she was unable to breathe properly. I do not know what to do. In the last h...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your daughter is having apneic spells, it is better to consult a doctor soon to get treatment. The different causes for obstructive sleep apnea are enlarged adenoid, enlarged tonsil, enlarged turbinates, deviated nasal septum, or a large tongue. As you believe it...  Read Full »

What would you recommend for a stuffy nose, resulting in sleep difficulties?

Query: Hi doctor, I have enlarged turbinates in the right nostril. I have fatigue with some gut issues. My nose is stuffy with clear discharge. From this, what would recommend for me and how much to be taken? I have these issues for the past two months and I feel hard to sleep.   Read Full »

Dr. Afifa Nighat

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have difficulty while sleeping at night. It suggests that you might be suffering from obstructive sleep apnea. Your weight seems to be high. You need to do a complete physical examination before reaching a definitve diagnosis. I suggest you reduce your weight and sl...  Read Full »

What causes elevated heart rate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having neck stiffness and headache as soon as I wake up. I am feeling tired throughout the day. My Apple shows elevated heart rates today. They are 130 mm Hg, 140 mm Hg, 150 mm Hg at different times of the day like 12 PM, 3 PM, 6 PM. Is there something wrong to get worried? I have g...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, what you were doing when you had an elevated heart rate? Are you were walking, sleeping or exercising. Did you have any symptoms associated with this high heart beat like chest pain, dizziness or shortness of breath? Do you smoke or have alcohol. Also, upload you...  Read Full »

Why do I feel hard to sleep at night?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having trouble with sleeping at night. I feel exhausted all day. I do not understand the reason. Can you help me?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Disturbed sleep at night can be due to many reasons. If you are having any kind of mental stress or anxiety, then it can cause disturbed sleep at night. Other causes are sleep disorders, obstructive s...  Read Full »

Can sinus and turbinate problems cause breathing difficulties?

Query: Hi doctor, Operation for supraglottic collapse, laryngomalacia last year, increasing difficulty in breathing and swallowing for four years, supposed to have operation on maxillary sinus right ethmoid and CT scan of paranasal sinuses, was meant to have submucous diathermy of inferior turbinates, and...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I personally feel you have been having chronic obstructive sleep apnea at different levels. However, the symptoms of difficulty in opening your mouth and yawning can be related to the temperomandibular joint. The other symptoms such as weakened chest moments causing dis...  Read Full »

What are the causes for high platelet count?

Query: Hi doctor, My total RBC count: 6.14. Packed cell volume/hematocrit: 51.70. RDW: 14.1. Total WBC count: 10200. Absolute lymphocyte count: 3570. Absolute eosinophil count: 510. Platelet count: 477000. Do I have cancer because my platelet count is been increasing 6 months back it was 41...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is unlikely to be cancer. This is a gradual increase in platelet which is not expected in cancer. Also, much more increase is expected in cancer. Now this much elevation may be due to worsening sleep apnea or may be lab variation. You may retest it to confirm and...  Read Full »

How to get rid of sleep walking though my OSA is under control?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with OSA and parasomnia/sleepwalking. I have been on CPAP for several months now with success, but still having some episodes at night, where I act out my dreams and I am afraid and run out of the house onto the street. I was also violent and aggressive towards my part...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Your sleepwalking is mainly because of your OSA (obstructive sleep apnea). But as you said it is under control then sleepwalking should also be in control. You can try some measures to prevent any harm to others and yourself. 1) Always c...  Read Full »

What is the connection between sleep deprivation and over weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having sleepless nights for about a few months. Even if I get six to eight hours sleep at night, sometimes less than five, I always end up being tired throughout the day. I am always sleepy even if I drink coffee, but when I decide to get some sleep, I cannot sleep. I am ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are concerned as sleep is vital for a proper functioning of the body. We need to look at a few things like have you gained weight recently or does this coincide with the sleep disturbances you have been suffering from? As I can see you are overweight an...  Read Full »