Oral Health

I have two lumps on the inner side of my left cheek. Can you please tell me what is causing it?

Query: Hi doctor, I appear to have two bumps on the left side of the inner side of the mouth. Two weeks ago, my lips cracked, which led to a sore mouth. Then one day, I noticed my uvula was inflamed. It started to go down after a day. All these symptoms are starting to ease. However, I notice two lumps i...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.According to the surface, color, and size of these lumps, they look like a simple growth. These can be retention cysts or residual inflammation, but these do not look like anything serious. Did you have any unprotected or unsafe sex relations before the beginning of the sym...  Read Full »

Why is my bad breath not going away with brushing or eating anything?

Query: Hello doctor, I have bad breath, and it is not going even by brushing or eating, etc. What can I do? I have tried tongue scrapers and switching toothpaste. I brush, and the problem is still there a few minutes later. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. See, bad breath or halitosis is due to dental problems and systemic reasons like diabetes, liver problems, or leukemia. I suggest you share more details like onset, duration, and frequency to confirm the diagnosis and suggest a prop...  Read Full »

What are white lines and patches on the oral mucosa?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having white patches and lines on the oral mucosa under the tongue with no other symptoms. And I smoke for three years. It was diagnosed as leukoplakia by a doctor, while another doctor said it to be linea alba. I am taking antioxidant mouthwash and multivitamin tablets. Kindly h...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and also viewed the attached images (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). I understand your concern, and I will help you to resolve the issue once and for all. Kindly answer me the following to help you b...  Read Full »

Will the use of an electric toothbrush and anticavity mouth rinse avoid caries formation?

Query: Hi doctor,I was wondering if it is possible to consult with you about dental care. My husband and I did not go to a dentist since COVID hit, and I am wondering if, besides flossing and brushing our teeth, there are other things we can do to make sure our oral health is covered.We use a regular tooth...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query, am very happy to help you in every possible way. It would be very helpful if I would have seen the current oral hygiene status of your and your husband. Kindly upload an image keeping your mouth open, making sure the teeth are visible. I...  Read Full »