Osmf

What are the first signs of oral cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been very worried about my health lately. I would like to preface this by saying that I have been experiencing anxiety off late and I have a suspicion that some of these symptoms could be related to that. I am currently weaning off of Prednisone, which I have been taking for an all...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. I want to clarify details regarding who advised you to start Prednisone, and for how long have you been on it as this a drug which suppresses your immunity and causes a secondary infection. Care should be taken before...  Read Full »

How to treat the whitish mark on the inner cheek?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a whitish mark on the inner cheek. I am also experiencing pain in the wisdom tooth. I used to eat betel nuts, but now I have stopped it. How to get this treated?  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding to dental health. In such case, I would like to tell you that these are precancerous lesions of white lines on buccal mucosa due to the habit of chewing betel nuts. It can be OSMF (oral submucus fibrosis - rigid jaw and muscles and ...  Read Full »