Patchy Beard

Why am I unable to grow a proper beard?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. My height is 5'11" and weight is 60 kg. I am pretty lean. I have an issue with facial hair growth. I am unable to grow a proper beard. It just does not grow, although when I look closely at the mirror there are some small hairs on the side. I have some prominent facial...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You do not have any abnormality. Hair growth varies between person to person. If you have good hair growth on other parts of the body does not mean that you will have the same growth in the face too. It is genetic and varies from person to person. If it bothers you so mu...  Read Full »

Is there any natural way to stop hairfall in scalp?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been using Minoxidil 5% topical solution twice a day on my beard for well over three months to fix some patchy spots under the lip and cheek region. After the first month, I had hair fall in my scalp. This hair fall is increasing in numbers and I am losing more than 100 hair fol...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can apply but according to our science oil does not act on the roots. They will grow automatically nothing more you have to do. It can extend up to 6 months. Hair fall has nothing to do with the hair shaft. Minoxidil increases the blood flow of hair follicl...  Read Full »

What should I do to grow back hair in patchy areas of beard?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed some alopecia on my beard. It has been there for the past few months. I have never had any issues like this before and worried that the hair will not grow back. Is there anything I can do? I am currently taking Hydrocortisone for dermatitis in private area.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have alopecia on beard. It has been there for the last few months and you are on medication like Hydrocortisone for dermatitis. You may be suffered from alopecia areata which is a peculiar form of hair ...  Read Full »

Which medicine should I take for patchy beard?

Query: Hi doctor, Actually, my skin tone is medium and is very oily. I want to have a white and fair skin tone. I also want to get rid of this oily skin. I have been taking Omega 3 capsules for two months as someone told me that it will help me for my skin, but I did not notice any changes. Now, one of my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The darker skin tone can be attributed to tanning and also ones natural color. I therefore recommend you daily sunscreen, use it 20 minutes prior to going outside. Using a night cream like ISIS Neotone night serum everyday at night for two to three months will help,...  Read Full »

I am just 22 and already going bald. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 22 year old male, height 5 feet and 5 inches and weight 66 kg. I first started experiencing hair fall a year ago, and after taking homeopathy treatment, there was a good improvement in a couple of months. I did not have any hair fall for eight to nine months. But, from the last ...  Read Full »

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hair fall you are experiencing might be androgenetic alopecia, and this is a genetic condition. This happens if your father or other family members are bald. Usually, the genetic baldness starts from the age of 20 to 25 and gradually progresses. A fall of up to 1...  Read Full »

Why are hairless patches forming in my beard?

Query: Hello doctor, There is a hairless patch forming in my beard. The hairless patch feels smoother. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, It is called alopecia areata. I suggest you try the following: Desowen cream (Desonide), twice daily. Visit a dermatologist for intralesional steroid injection (ILS), it helps hair regrowth. It is given once in three weeks. Oral zinc supplement, tablet Zinfate, once daily for a month. Consult ...  Read Full »