Patchy Beard

Which medicine should I take for patchy beard?

Query: Hi doctor, Actually, my skin tone is medium and is very oily. I want to have a white and fair skin tone. I also want to get rid of this oily skin. I have been taking Omega 3 capsules for two months as someone told me that it will help me for my skin, but I did not notice any changes. Now, one of my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The darker skin tone can be attributed to tanning and also ones natural color. I therefore recommend you daily sunscreen, use it 20 minutes prior to going outside. Using a night cream like ISIS Neotone night serum everyday at night for two to three months will help,...  Read Full »

I am just 22 and already going bald. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 22 year old male, height 5 feet and 5 inches and weight 66 kg. I first started experiencing hair fall a year ago, and after taking homeopathy treatment, there was a good improvement in a couple of months. I did not have any hair fall for eight to nine months. But, from the last ...  Read Full »

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hair fall you are experiencing might be androgenetic alopecia, and this is a genetic condition. This happens if your father or other family members are bald. Usually, the genetic baldness starts from the age of 20 to 25 and gradually progresses. A fall of up to 1...  Read Full »

Why are hairless patches forming in my beard?

Query: Hello doctor, There is a hairless patch forming in my beard. The hairless patch feels smoother. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, It is called alopecia areata. I suggest you try the following: Desowen cream (Desonide), twice daily. Visit a dermatologist for intralesional steroid injection (ILS), it helps hair regrowth. It is given once in three weeks. Oral zinc supplement, tablet Zinfate, once daily for a month. Consult ...  Read Full »

I am unable to grow a proper beard. What is the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. My height is 5'11" and weight is 60 kg. I am pretty lean. I have an issue with facial hair growth. I am unable to grow a proper beard. It just does not grow, although when I look closely at the mirror there are some small hairs on the side. I have some prominent facial...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You do not have any abnormality. Hair growth varies between person to person. If you have good hair growth on other parts of the body does not mean that you will have the same growth in the face too. It is genetic and varies from person to person. If it bothers you so mu...  Read Full »