Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome

Can Alphintern be used for knee swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female. My height is 1.65 meter and my weight is 56 kg. I was suffering from a knee problem, and I took rest for a couple of days. I took Alphintern and used my resistance band to improve my knee-range and everything was fine, except for a grinding noise during exe...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the MRI reports suggest an injury. You did not mention a specific incident or accident that may have lead to a sprain of the ACL. Without a real injury, the knee swelled up again, with the stair climbing. The entire presentation points towards pa...  Read Full »

Why do I hear clicking sound only when I twist my knee?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old and a triathlete. 3 months ago, I suffered from knee pain. Doctor checked McMurray test, and Apley grind test result was negative. Only when I twist (rotate) my knee I hear some clicking or popping sound. I took MRI and the result was shown anterior torn of lateral...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to assist you. It looks like you injured your knee three months ago during an athletic activity, and have been having some mechanical symptoms of clicking and popping since then. Since the knee pain has come down, it is likely tha...  Read Full »

I have severe leg pain from the last six months. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, Since the last six months, I suddenly developed severe pain in both the legs. It arises from the thigh, goes to the calf, and finally reaches the heel. I am unable to go up the stairs or use the Indian style toilets.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, I feel that you have patellofemoral compression pain, which gets worse on going up and down stairs. After a period of rest, you may feel severe pain in the the knees, but as you walk the pain will ease. I suggest the following: Take Voveran SR (D...  Read Full »

What is the future problem of having loose ligamental joints?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old, and my height is 5'11". Please look at my legs. I can walk, run and sit. I have loose ligamental joints (collateral ligaments) from childhood, and I have small patella. What is the problem of having loose ligamental joints in future? Is there any problem with small pat...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and the images provided here (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From images, it appears that you have genu valgum deformity in your left knee. There is no supportive evidence or examination notes stating about small patel...  Read Full »