Physical Sunscreen

Can I switch from Metronidazole to Soolantra cream for rosacea?

Query: Hello doctor, I live in a tropical country, where the exposure to the sun is too much. My skin used to be fair before moving to this country. Back in my country, I used to never go out in the sun. After I moved here, my skin is burnt. It was red at first, and then the blood vessels were visible. I s...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Indeed your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are more in favor of acne rosacea. This is a chronic and recurrent condition characterized by erythema with flushing sensation, predominantly affecting the cheeks. The management of rosacea needs to be h...  Read Full »

I get headaches when I go out in the sun. Please suggest some ayurvedic cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I get headaches, especially when I wash my hair or when I go out in the sun. The climate is really hot here, and I stay indoors. But, I still get headaches, and my nose also pains a bit. I cannot stop washing my hair because of this. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have mentioned here are indicating towards a migraine headache. However, no diagnostic test can surely rule out a migraine. Its diagnosis is mainly based on the symptoms. In a migraine, there is no definite pain, and pain occurs at any time. Some peop...  Read Full »

Does Adderall tablet cause allergic reactions?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old male. My weight is 180 lbs and height is 5'10". I was prescribed a generic brand of Adderall 20 mg about a year ago. It truly has improved my lifestyle. Up until about two months ago everything was fine. I noticed that on the left side of my neck became red randomly. I...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and I appreciate your effort for a detailed and meticulous history. Since you are on tablet Adderall 20 mg, which is Amphetamine, it can cause photoallergic cutaneous side effects. It is true that initially for a few months you have no such kind o...  Read Full »