Physical Therapy

What is the short-term management for cervical disc bulge?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past five months, I have been getting increasingly worse neurologically. A month ago, I finally received an MRI with frightening results. At C4-C5, a central posterior disc herniation indenting the ventral thecal sac and elevates the posterior longitudinal ligament. There is a zo...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your MRI report (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) and your question, and I suggest that your situation is not an emergency. So, I think it can wait a couple of months until consulting with a spinal surgeon and discussi...  Read Full »

I am suffering from L5-S1 nerve root compression. How to recover?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from L5-S1 nerve root compression issue. I have been given an epidural injection, but it does not work correctly. I am getting substantial pain all over my right leg. The pain is very severe. I am unable to walk or sit at all. I also went through SNRB and epidural steroid i...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I understand such radicular pain is very troublesome. For pain, I advise the following. Kindly consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent. A combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin. To do hot fome...  Read Full »

I have pain in my right shoulder with posterior scapula pain. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have right shoulder and posterior scapula pain. The pain began a few years ago when a huge dog suddenly tried to run while I was holding his leash, resulting in my arm being pulled. A year after that, I fell on rocks and landed with a right outstretched hand. Now, my right shoulder is l...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and also seen the MRI images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have mentioned that the injury to your shoulder was a few years back. As you have described, there was a sudden pull, and I feel that it has r...  Read Full »

Why has my year-old ligament tear not healed properly?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question to ask. I had a partial ligament tear in my ankle last year. It has been a year since the incident, but it seems like I have not fully recovered. I still feel a slight pain in my ankle after I do exercises or recreations. But according to one of the doctors, I suppos...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The management for a partial ligament tear is institution of early physical therapy, ankle brace if required, anti-inflammatory medications for pain relief, etc. Now, one year is more than adequate time for to heal unless there has been a repeat injury to the ankle. Can y...  Read Full »

How long do I need to do rehabilitation exercises after a hip bursectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old woman. I am overweight, but definitely on a diet. I had my right bursa removed before three months and then the left bursa was removed last month. The physiotherapist came around the first time and said that there was no need for physiotherapy. I took it upon myself to...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally, bursa is a structure that help in easy frictionless movement. Hence, after their removal, all exercises have to be aimed at restoration of posture and balance, stretching of the hip abductor muscles and subsequent strengthening of the hip musculature along with...  Read Full »

I am getting radiating right hip pain. Is this due to psoriatic arthritis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. Since a week, I am getting pain in the right leg hip and sometimes, extending till right knee and calf muscle. I feel that something is trying to project on the left side.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand from your query that you are experiencing some hip pain with radiation till knee region. Where exactly are you feeling some projecting swelling? Also, since this is only a week old story, there is no need to worry especially if there is no history of i...  Read Full »

What can be done to relieve knee pain apart from taking painkillers?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from knee OA. It is more on the left than the right. Her age is 54. She feels pain while walking and as a result of that she is unable to reduce weight. Currently, she is taking Jointace tablet, but there is no relief. Can you suggest some alternate option oth...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is definite degeneration in both her knee joints, which is also expected to happen at this age. As far as management, it will be better if I can know a few more details fr...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine for my father's shoulder condition.

Query: Hi doctor, I am enclosing an MRI report of my father who is 70 years old. I want to know whether an operation is the only available option for his shoulder condition according to the report. If we go for the operation, then what is the success rate? Without an operation, how long will it take to get...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the MRI report enclosed by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears that there is a rotator cuff tear due to which he must be having a weakness in his affected shoulder. The decision whether surgical procedure is required or ...  Read Full »

What is the best remedy for back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been battling with back pain since a year. I associated this pain with a kidney stone which I had for a couple of years. I had a ureteroscopy, crushing and removal of the stone a month ago, but however the back pain still persists. An x-ray done today is attached. I had some back...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the investigation reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your blood investigation appears to be fine apart from high CRP (C-reactive protein), which could either be a manifestation of any inflammation or infection somewhere in the...  Read Full »

How is facet hypertrophy treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old and suffering from facet hypertrophy. I have continuous lower back pain. I cannot stand for more than five minutes. I am taking Nuroday daily. I would like to know the treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you are 28 years of age and have continuous lower back pain which I think is not responding to the medications and conservative management. Normally at this age, conservative management in the form of anti-inflammatory medications, intensive phy...  Read Full »