Physical Therapy

What can be done to relieve knee pain apart from taking painkillers?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from knee OA. It is more on the left than the right. Her age is 54. She feels pain while walking and as a result of that she is unable to reduce weight. Currently, she is taking Jointace tablet, but there is no relief. Can you suggest some alternate option oth...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is definite degeneration in both her knee joints, which is also expected to happen at this age. As far as management, it will be better if I can know a few more details fr...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine for my father's shoulder condition.

Query: Hi doctor, I am enclosing an MRI report of my father who is 70 years old. I want to know whether an operation is the only available option for his shoulder condition according to the report. If we go for the operation, then what is the success rate? Without an operation, how long will it take to get...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the MRI report enclosed by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears that there is a rotator cuff tear due to which he must be having a weakness in his affected shoulder. The decision whether surgical procedure is required or ...  Read Full »

What is the best remedy for back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been battling with back pain since a year. I associated this pain with a kidney stone which I had for a couple of years. I had a ureteroscopy, crushing and removal of the stone a month ago, but however the back pain still persists. An x-ray done today is attached. I had some back...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the investigation reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your blood investigation appears to be fine apart from high CRP (C-reactive protein), which could either be a manifestation of any inflammation or infection somewhere in the...  Read Full »

How is facet hypertrophy treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old and suffering from facet hypertrophy. I have continuous lower back pain. I cannot stand for more than five minutes. I am taking Nuroday daily. I would like to know the treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you are 28 years of age and have continuous lower back pain which I think is not responding to the medications and conservative management. Normally at this age, conservative management in the form of anti-inflammatory medications, intensive phy...  Read Full »

I have back pain due to lumbar spinal stenosis. Should I get laminectomy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had back pain for the last 12 years. I had an l5 s1 disc herniation and later diagnosed with severe lumbar spinal stenosis at l4 l5 as well. My back pain is more critical than the leg pain. However, I have persistent calf and foot spasms and cramping (especially in bed and at n...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are quite aware of the condition and have managed to live with the issue, but as you say, you cannot walk not than a mile, but it does not seem to be your main issue. If you required to walk longer, then laminectomy will be the solution, but you need to get relie...  Read Full »

I have not been able to move the left side of my face properly since yesterday. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have not been able to move the left side of my face properly since yesterday morning. I went to the doctor yesterday, and he said if it did not improve to come back, but I can not get back into the doctor. I have pain under my jaw and now feeling in my tongue on that side of my face...  Read Full »

Dr. Ardit Tela

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question carefully, and I understand your concern. 1. Do you have difficulties also in closing your left eye or raising your left eyebrow 2. Did your taste change? 3. Did your doctor prescribe any medication? 4. What was your doctor's opinion yes...  Read Full »

From my MRI, kindly explain about my knee pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a runner, and I am facing knee pain on my left leg since the last two months. I consulted an orthopedician and got an MRI as well, but there is nothing abnormal. But, I still have pain. I am a diabetic and on medicine for that alone. I have attached the MRI reports for reference.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sprain or strain on your knee and is also demonstrated by the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity). What did you take for pain relief? Are you wearing a brace? Did you do any physical therapy? Revert with the details to an internal ...  Read Full »

Can you suggest physiotherapy treatment for plantar fasciitis and knee pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old man. I have a foot pain which was diagnosed a few years ago as plantar fasciitis. I use shoes with special support, insoles, and cushion on the socks. I also have a pain in my right knee, especially on the inner side. I want to know if there are any exercises or st...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The protocol followed by you is good. You should follow that regularly for the next one month. For the plantar fasciitis, I suggest the following: Calf muscle stretching with wall support. Dorsiflexion of the foot with pressure applied by your hand. Hot water f...  Read Full »

Can ulnar nerve relocation surgery be the reason for my wrist pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing pain in my left wrist for a month now. I had x-rays and a CT scan showing normal, but the pain continues. A few years back, I had ulnar nerve relocation surgery from a fall on ice in the same arm. Could the nerve be the reason I am having this wrist issue?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain in your wrist region for a month now. Also, you have mentioned previous ulnar nerve transposition surgery. Since your pain is localized to your wrist region, it seems unlikely that your ulnar nerve is involved because neuropathic pain is usua...  Read Full »

Why does my back pain more in the morning and less in the evening?

Query: Hello doctor, I have low back pain since 5 years. The pain comes once in every 3 to 4 months. The pain is more in the morning and less in the evening. Why does this pattern occur? Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned persistent low back pain for 5 years as your main problem. It is a known scientific fact that when you go to bed, the muscles in the body relax subconsciously, due to which any inflammatory pain is felt more. When you start with some activity, then...  Read Full »