Q. Is it safe to have protein shake after workout?

Answered by Dr. Swapan Banerjee and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Protein Powder or Whey Protein Powder? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I started gym a few days ago. Can I take protein shake (whey protein) after my workout? Is it safe? I do not have any known food allergies. I have attached my anthropometry chart with BMI. I heard that protein will make the person unhealthy after stopping it. Is it true? Please suggest.