Q. What diet can I take to increase my weight? I am lactose intolerant. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Durga Kumari and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Weight Gain or Nutrigain Powder? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What diet can I take to increase my weight? I am lactose intolerant.  Please help.

I am 29 years old male, who is 5.9 feet tall and weighs 55 kg. I take vegetables, egg, fish but not meat. I am lactose intolerant for the past three years. If I take any milk products, it causes gastritis instantly, and I have to take an antacid. I cannot take whey protein because of this. I am taking soy protein powder since last month. I have tea twice and coffee once a day. These are some queries in which I need your help: Which diet should I take to gain weight? Which kind of protein powder is the best for me? Is there any cure for lactose intolerance? Can health drinks help in weight gain? Is my tea and coffee habit resulting in decreased weight? I am looking forward to your reply. Thank you.