Q. I am a 19-year-old male with a voice similar to a girl. What to do?

Dr. Ashok Kumar Srivastava

I am 19 years boy, but my voice is similar to a girl, what I can do? Please help.

#

Welcome in icliniq.com.

I understand your concern about a thin voice like a female, and you are now 19 years old male. Your clinical history suggests that most likely, you are suffering from puberphonia. Here I would like to tell you that in infantile age and during younger child the voice remains same in both sexes, but as the child enters in teenage (above thirteen), the voice of male and female start differentiating and at the age of fifteen girls and boys get their proper voice.

But some times in males this change do not take place, and individually develop a problem like you. Now no need of worry, please consult speech therapist and most of the time it gets corrected by good speech therapy.

|