Salmeterol

I am suffering from broncho asthma for six years. What could be the Ayurvedic treatment for this?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 28-year-old and suffering from broncho asthma for six years. My chest reports are clear, but often I suffer during respiration. I am using Seroflo 125 of Cipla. I often face a problem of breathing. Please advise me the Ayurvedic medicine to get out of this problem permanently.  Read Full »

Dr. Sony Subhash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bronchial asthma is an autoinflammatory reaction of your lung to allergens. Allergens can vary from climate to food habits. Initially, you will have to take steps in skipping those trigger factors which are responsible for asthma. Certain food items can trigger asthma....  Read Full »

Even after taking inhalers, why do I continue to wheeze?

Query: Hi doctor, I have taken Albuterol and Advair twice a day for about a month now without any relief of my wheezing. Even right after I take my inhalers, it is like I took nothing. Allergy pills do not seem to help much either, like Claritin or Zyrtec. They even did an x-ray of my chest and said everyt...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Asthma, as you would be knowing, forms a part of airway hyper-reactive disorders. The latter is a spectrum of diseases genetically determined. Your attack of asthma seems to be severe now. I want to know the dosage and frequency of the medicines you are using for asthm...  Read Full »

I woke up today morning with wheezing and cough with mucus. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 41 year old female. I woke up in the morning with wheezing, throat congestion, and cough. The cough was not dry but with mucus. It looks like the weather has triggered it. I have experienced this condition previously at the same time of the year. I also feel some heaviness in the...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are sure you have wheezing, I suggest you start using inhalers having a combination of Salmeterol and Fluticasone propionate. Using a Levosalbutamol inhaler would also be beneficial. Take one puff twice daily for a week and then only one puff at night for a we...  Read Full »

I have asthma and nasal polyp, and some foul smell is coming from my nose and throat. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have allergic asthma and nasal polyp since the past year. I have seasonal asthma since my childhood, and during an endoscopy, they found a 7 mm polyp at the GE junction, which is benign. I am feeling fatigue, and some foul smell is coming from my throat and nose. My recent bloo...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to the icliniq.com. According to the history provided, you are having asthma and acid reflux disease. To cure asthma, I suggest using Salmeterol and steroid combination inhaler. Here steroid component can lead to throat irritation and secondary throat infection, for example, candidiasis ...  Read Full »

In spite of using inhaler often, I have heavy congestion. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been to doctor three times in the last two months and was prescribed many medications. But, I am simply not getting any better. Initially, I went in for respiratory issues. I had a terrible hacking cough and was literally using my Ventolin Inhaler more than I should. As I am ast...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are few important points to consider. You should not be using the nebulizer or rescue inhaler that often. You should be on inhaled steroid for asthma like Advair (Fluticasone and Salmeterol). Please take Montelukast 10 mg daily. Also you would benefit from a patch ...  Read Full »

What does my PFT report suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a PFT done. When I asked about the results my doctor said they were fine. That was not good enough. I have FEV1/FVC ratio of 64 %. Increase in residual volume to 156 %. What does this mean? My echo is with EF of 50%. I am a 31 year old, non-smoker. I am a wildland firefighter. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing your query elaborately. From your history it is very clear that you are suffering from asthma. That is the reason for your difficulty in breathing very often. Your pulmonary function test (PFT) report (attachment removed to protect patient identit...  Read Full »

Despite using Esiflo, my son has breathing problem. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is asthmatic since childhood. For the past five months, he is having breathing problem. Currently, he is using Esiflo every morning. But, he is still having the problem. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Parin Niranjanbhai Parmar

Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know more about you as follows: I understand that your son is having breathing difficulty for the last five months. But overall, what are the best and the worst seasons for your son? What are his nose symptoms - congestion, running nose, sneezing, nose itc...  Read Full »