Sepsis

Are mesenteric vascular thrombosis, septic shock, and ARF complications of diabetes?

Query: DM with myelo proliferative disorder with massive UGI bleed with mesenteric vascular thrombosis with septic shock with ARF. why or how patient get this disease?  Read Full »

Dr. Pratap Vgm

Diabetologist

Answer: Dear Welcome to icliniq, As per the query the main cause the problem is DM that is diabetez mellitus, Let me explain to you in detail. Diabetes is a prothrombotic condition which might have caused a clot to block the mesenteric veins which drains the intestine. Blockage of these vital veins migh...  Read Full »

How could septic shock result from staph infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a staph infection and I took antibiotics a month ago. I had been in the sun a lot recently and I am feeling symptoms of heat exhaustion, but I am worried that the staph infection is causing septic shock? Is this a possibility?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a feeling of heat exhaustion as you were more exposed to the sunlight and worried about Staph infection that may cause septic shock. You had a staph infection one month back and yo...  Read Full »

Why is there a continuous rise in temperature despite taking antibiotics?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 71 years old. He had a fever for a week, and the temperature raised up to 104 during the night along with frequent urination. Two days ago, the fever came down to 98.4 for five hours but again increased to 102.3 despite taking the same antibiotics. He is taking tablet G...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and investigation (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your father has sepsis, and the antibiotics are inadequate because both Gudcef (Cefpodoxime) and Monocef (Ceftriaxone) belong to the same group and have the same mechanism of acti...  Read Full »

Can my 3 year old son lead a normal life after sepsis?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old son was diagnosed with sepsis with SIRS, three days back. But, now his WBC and C-reactive protein are within limits. Will he have sepsis again? He frequently gets wheezing and allergic cough. He is currently taking Amclav.  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sepsis means infection in the blood. If the investigations like CBC (complete blood count), urine culture, blood culture, CRP (C-reactive protein) are normal, it means that the child has been treated for this infection. Usually, this happens because of infecti...  Read Full »

What is the main reason for sepsis in a newborn?

Query: Hello doctor, What is the main reason for sepsis to occur in a newborn? Will parents be the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sepsis means systemic infection of body in babies. There are many causes like meconium aspiration during delivery, infection from the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) where the baby is kept, infection from any person who handles the baby, etc. For further information c...  Read Full »

My 2 month old baby is crying a lot. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 months old baby is crying a lot. She is crying most of the day and is refusing mother's milk. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. If a 2 month old child is crying, then it could be due to pain in the abdomen due to colic. I suggest you start Colicaid drops (Dil oil, Fennel oil, and Simethicone), four drops thrice a day for three days. If the child is not taking ...  Read Full »

My M2-PK level is 150. Does it mean that I have cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My M2-PK is 150. Does it mean that I have cancer? There was no pain, just a regular checkup. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinic.com. No, it does not imply cancer alone. Many healthy people, as well as patients with other non-cancerous diseases like rheumatic diseases, diabetic nephropathy, chronic heart diseases, inflammatory bowel disease, pancreatitis, sepsis, may have elevated levels. So there ...  Read Full »

Why is my baby having fever every 10 days for the last two months?

Query: Hello doctor,My son (aged 8 months, weighing 8.5 kg) is suffering from fever frequently once in 10 days for last two months. We have got urine (culture and routine) and blood tests (CBC, CRP, IgE total) done for my son. The urine report is normal. However, as per the blood report, there is some infe...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the blood investigations, you have shared (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it suggests that there is some bacterial infection in the blood. I suggest you start a course of antibiotics for your child at least for five days, preferably Amoxycla...  Read Full »

My dad has been advised temporary dialysis. Does he really require it?

Query: Hi doctor,My 66 year old father suddenly got a high fever and in few days we discovered he has a urinary tract infection. He is a diabetic and on insulin. He is a very disciplined person when it comes to his health. He checked his creatinine levels early this year and it was in the normal range. Af...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Varma

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your father. He is presently having a severe infection (sepsis) due to the urinary tract infection. There is an acid accumulation in the blood due to the infection. There is worsening of renal function as a result of stress to the body due to...  Read Full »

My husband has not urinated in almost 24 hours. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has not urinated in almost 24 hours. He has a pain in his right shoulder and chest with a severe headache. Also, his kidneys hurt.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. A urine output of fewer than 400 mL per day is referred to as oligouria. And no urine output means anuria. Both the conditions need urgent ER (emergency room) care to prevent a renal shutdown. The cause could be an infection, renal failure,...  Read Full »