Shave Excision

Is this growing spot on my face a young melanoma?

Query: Hello doctor,I recently had a melanoma in situ removed from my left middle finger knuckle. This has caused us to look more closely at other areas on the body. There is a small spot that was not there four months ago under my left eye. I started seeing it in photos after that faintly. It is now more ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In your recent picture, the lesion looks like seborrheic keratosis (harmless), it looks rough and raised. I cannot confirm what it is with this picture. I am sorry dear, the picture becomes ...  Read Full »

What is a benign mole?

Query: Hi doctor, I am concerned about a lump or bump that appeared under my mole. One day, I woke up with inflammation around my mole. As there were no changes in my mole, I thought it was a pimple and I applied some skin cream. It stayed inflamed and swollen for around five to six days and then it becam...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your descriptions, it seems that you are having a mole with secondary infections. If you can send pictures of this, then it will be better for me to suggest diagnosis, treatment and alleviate your anxiety. Mole, so called melanocytic nevus, if you frequently touch...  Read Full »

Is it safe to get a mole removed?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small, flat mole on my nose bridge. How can I remove it? Please recommend the best method with your professional advice.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern. With your descriptions, since mole is flat means you have a superficial melanocytic nevus. If you want to get it removed, then I would recommend you shave excision under local anesthesia by a dermatologist. This procedure has very goo...  Read Full »

I scratched my mole and worrying now. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am worried about a mole. As it was itchy, I just scratched it. Now, it is sore and hard. I do not remember whether it has always been hard. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your descriptions and given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you are having a mole over axilla. This site is more prone for frictions due to clothing and because of this your mole so called melanocytic nevus. They are considered...  Read Full »