Silent Sinus Syndrome

Can a sinus infection cause swollen salivary glands?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the ER for a painful gland. It turned out that I have a blocked salivary gland. When the CT scan was taken, there were notes in the report about silent sinus syndrome and other things that were never even brought up to me. I have uploaded the report. Is there anything in t...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a calcification in the left submandibular gland, which needs to be removed, as it is troubling you. Silent sinus syndrome is due to maxillary sinusitis, which involves the orb...  Read Full »