Sitagliptin

Are neck swelling and chest pain side effects of tablet Januvia?

Query: Have hypothyroidism last 2 years down to 75mg levothyroxine. The issue now is blood sugar levels. Over last one yr dr has put me on several meds which I reacted to. At that time level under 200. This yr changed dr. He said no medication. Lifestyle change . Has been difficult. Weight up sugar leve...  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi. Good day. Thanks for your query Ur weight is quite high with uncontrolled diabetes. Definitely u need to change lifestyle and thinking pattern as well. U need to trust a doctor and follow his advice. Every medication has effects otherwise it will not be effective but we always weigh risk and b...  Read Full »

My blood sugar level is high though on medication. Please suggest on how to control it.

Query: Hi doctor, I need a consultation on my diabetes. My fasting plasma glucose is 226 mg/dL and in PP it is 390 mg/dL. I am currently on Diamicron MR, Volix 0.3, and Novomix pen 30/70. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your sugar is uncontrolled and Vitamin D is low as well. You did not tell how much you are using Diamicron, Volix and Novomix. Please let me know the doses. Another thing is you should get checked urine albumin creatinine ratio and I think you may need a change in medi...  Read Full »

Is it fine to take Sitagliptin phosphate to reduce blood sugar level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old and am having diabetes for five years. Fasting ranges from 180 to 220 without medicine. Now I have decided to take Sitagliptin phosphate 100 mg per day to lower diabetes. Is it fine?  Read Full »

Dr. Shazli Naseer

Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To answer briefly, yes you should take added medicine. Sitagliptin is a good choice, added to Metformin. Please send me your HbA1c as well. But as I tell all my patients, treating diabetes properly does not limit to taking medicine only. It involves a lot more. 1 or 2...  Read Full »

I have diabetes in spite of taking Amaryl and Janumet. Please suggest.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51 year old male. I have diabetes. My fasting is 150 to 160 and PP is 250 to 300. I am taking Amaryl 2 mg morning and Janumet 50/1000 after lunch and dinner. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are already taking Amaryl (Glimepiride) 2 mg and Janumet 50/1000 (Sitagliptin and Metformin) twice but still, your blood sugar is not under control. Are you following dietary restrictions properly? Your weight is on the higher side. I suggest the dose of Metfor...  Read Full »