Sitagliptin

What is the best treatment for diabetic patients?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26-year-old male, and I am taking tablet Metformin 500 mg twice daily for my blood sugar, but still, it is 230 mg/dL in the morning (fasting) and 300 mg/dL in postprandial. Please help me with what I should do and guide me on how I can control my sugar. I am panicked about this, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is the HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) value which shows your average sugar over the last two to three months? Diabetes has many complications, so it is not just to bring down the numbers but to monitor and treat complications associated with diabetes. Check your eye...  Read Full »

Are neck swelling and chest pain side effects of tablet Januvia?

Query: Hello doctor, I have hypothyroidism for the last two years, down to 75 mg Levothyroxine. The issue now is blood sugar levels. Over the last year, the doctor has put me on several medicines, which I reacted to at that time level under 200. This year the doctor has changed. He said no medication and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Your weight is quite high with uncontrolled diabetes. Definitely, you need to change the lifestyle and thinking pattern as well. You need to trust a doctor and follow his advice. Every medication has effects. Otherwise, it will not be effectiv...  Read Full »

My blood sugar level is high though on medication. Please suggest on how to control it.

Query: Hi doctor, I need a consultation on my diabetes. My fasting plasma glucose is 226 mg/dL and in PP it is 390 mg/dL. I am currently on Diamicron MR, Volix 0.3, and Novomix pen 30/70. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your sugar is uncontrolled and Vitamin D is low as well. You did not tell how much you are using Diamicron, Volix and Novomix. Please let me know the doses. Another thing is you should get checked urine albumin creatinine ratio and I think you may need a change in medi...  Read Full »

Is it fine to take Sitagliptin phosphate to reduce blood sugar level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old and am having diabetes for five years. Fasting ranges from 180 to 220 without medicine. Now I have decided to take Sitagliptin phosphate 100 mg per day to lower diabetes. Is it fine?  Read Full »

Dr. Shazli Naseer

Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To answer briefly, yes you should take added medicine. Sitagliptin is a good choice, added to Metformin. Please send me your HbA1c as well. But as I tell all my patients, treating diabetes properly does not limit to taking medicine only. It involves a lot more. 1 or 2...  Read Full »

I have diabetes in spite of taking Amaryl and Janumet. Please suggest.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51 year old male. I have diabetes. My fasting is 150 to 160 and PP is 250 to 300. I am taking Amaryl 2 mg morning and Janumet 50/1000 after lunch and dinner. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are already taking Amaryl (Glimepiride) 2 mg and Janumet 50/1000 (Sitagliptin and Metformin) twice but still, your blood sugar is not under control. Are you following dietary restrictions properly? Your weight is on the higher side. I suggest the dose of Metfor...  Read Full »