Slit Lamp Examination

What is the treatment for the pain in my eye after I got hit by a toy bullet?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe pain in and around the eye after I got hit by a toy gun bullet unexpectedly. There is a slight redness in the cornea and a pricking sensation below the eye ball.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As it is a blunt trauma, you have to be treated immediately. Pain is a significant symptom which needs to be evaluated soon because it could be due to superficial tears or abrasions. You will need a slit lamp examination. Later, you will also need a retina screening to...  Read Full »

How to treat blurred vision due to spraying deodorant in eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, This morning by mistake I sprayed the body deodorant directly into my eyes. Thereafter, I cleaned my eyes thoroughly with water and put some V.Rohto drops in them. The whole day has passed but the vision in my left eye is still blurry. Is it something urgent to be taken care of and shoul...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not an emergency. You can use Rohto drops (Naphazoline hydrochloride), along with it start using lubricants like Refresh tears eyedrops or Tears naturale (Carboxymethylcellulose, Dextran, etc) eyedrops once every three hours. Wash out all of the chemical from your e...  Read Full »

Does my eye problem need urgent care?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male. Currently, my right eye has a segment above the iris that has remained red for over a week now. I am also noticing a crescent shape at the edge of the iris and that is like a clear slightly raised lump where the redness is. Over the past few days, my eyelid ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your history of atopy and recurrent redness with stringy or ropy discharge, your eye lesion seems to be atopic keratoconjunctivitis. The larger pointy reddish lesions are called papillae and occur at the limbus, which is the junction of the white of the eye and th...  Read Full »

Why are my eyes dilated for the past four days?

Query: Hello doctor,My eyes are very dilated. I am 18 years old and female and around 105 lbs. It is happening for past four days. Currently, I am taking Naproxen and some other medicine for periods.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you use any drops? Or any trauma?   Read Full »